Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Which of these characters in the first Elric movie are you most anxious to see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these characters in the first Elric movie are you most anxious to see?

Hello, these new polls look great! -so, I wanted to try one of my own. :) I left Elric of Melnibone out-because there will be too many votes for him and I want to see what the poll looks like with multiple votes for different characters. Please vote for the character, from this list, that you are most anxious to see come to life on the big silver screen! :DThanks!-Lemec
    Arioch,Cymoril,Dr. Jest,Dyvim Slorm,Dyvim Tvar,King Grome,King Straasha,Rackhir the Red Archer,Tanglebones,Yyrkoon.
    Enjoy the new poll system! It is wondrous! :)
    Arioch-Lord of Chaos
    32.08%
    Cymoril
    16.98%
    Dr. Jest
    6.42%
    Dyvim Slorm
    2.64%
    Dyvim Tvar
    7.17%
    Grome
    3.02%
    King Straasha
    3.02%
    Rackhir the Red Archer
    11.32%
    Tanglebones
    3.02%
    Yyrkoon
    14.34%
    Last edited by lemec; 06-17-2006, 11:50 AM. Reason: question answered

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

You forgot to put the dragons in the list.
    Free the West Memphis Three

Comment

Originally posted by Mespheber
      You forgot to put the dragons in the list.
      Bless Us! That poll is beautiful! Thanks for voting Mespheber! Maybe I'll put the dragons in a different poll,hehe. :)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Yyrkoon - for sure. I think the mixture of naked ambition and outright craziness will be difficult to pull off. Just wish Universal would get the ball rolling here - this year's crop of summer movies have been largely disappointing so far.
        Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Dyvim Tvar the dragon master, for was he not Elric's mentor?
          Did he not also bear "The Horn Of Fate"?
          He had "The Power" of the dragons!

Comment

Very cool! Thanks for voting! :) I chose Cymoril because I want to see the female Melnibonean who is worth all that trouble and is worth fighting over! I also chose Rackhir because he was always cool, plus he is an ex-priest. ;) (an ex-priest where the Lords and Gods are active? -that takes nerve!) haha

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Great poll!

I cannot wait to see any of the characters, but if I *really¨ have to chose one (besides Elric himself of course)... welllllLLLL...

ARIOCH!!! BLOOD AND SOULS FOR MY LORD ARIOCH!!!

I want to be scared, I want to be thrilled, I want to both loathe and love the character as it should. Now that's a challenge.

Another I'm really eager to see (and I want to pee my pants!): Stormbringer's final incarnation!
              “Because,” she said, “there are better dreams.” - the Sea Lady (H.G. Wells)

Comment

Oh yeah! I'll have a surge of energy when I first get to see the Black Blade! It will beat any sugar rush! :D

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Exilarating!-that's the word I was trying to think of to desribe the sensation when I see those red runes glow!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Well actually i am more ´curious to see Erlic movie it self... but if i have to choos a character that is Cymoril!!!

Comment

I'm most interested in Stormbringer, actually. The look and the sound of the thing, but also the challenge of giving it life as a character of sorts.

Besides the Black Blade, it's got to be Cymoril. The description "the most beautiful creature in the universe" might not be much to go on, but it is promising. Moreover, I suspect Cymoril's character will see the most developement from the books. I'm looking forward to seeing her in an expanded and more active role. Perhaps we can see her use some of those sorcerous powers against her brother or something like that.

Comment

CYYYYMORIL!!!

Hey guys? Summer makes your balls on fire or what?

Sure, we'll see Cymoril, naked on the shore! Yeeeah... Rock'n'roll!

Comment

How about Theeleb Kaarna?
                          Yshanna?(I don't know the spelling...)

Rakhir is the most interesting of the characters...but I want to see Cymoril!!!
                          She must be gorgeous but also...exotic.So,I am looking forward!

Comment

I'd quite to see how Rackhir turns out, both physically and as a character. If I was to be any character from the EC series, I'd like to be him, although tempramentally, I have to admit I'm more like Moonglum (although my life involves considerably less womanising!)

I think that how Arioch turns out could make or break the movie for a lot of fans. I'm not quite sure how to qualify my own criteria, but I suspect I'll have a strong reaction to the screen Arioch one way or another.

Comment

Rackhir

I think... I could do a pretty cute Rackhir...

Comment

Working...
                              X