Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Thoughts on casting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on casting

It is always a fun and contentious to pick the cast for your favourite books. In the end, hopefully it won't matter and the casting will pan out regardless. After all who would have picked Ian Mckellen for Gandalf? I think he stated he got the gig because he couldn't command as much as Sean Connery. He still did a great job...as great actors do... A good lead in for my thoughts on the matter.

I think people let the �look’ take over from the acting. Let’s face it, whoever gets the role of Elric is going to be spending hours in make up every day to get the look right. No one looks like Elric. That leaves great acting to pull off such a complex role, which leaves Johnny Depp. The guy is a brilliant actor and you’ll need a brilliant actor for the Elric Saga not to be unintentionally (god forbid intentionally!) viewed as half-comedy like the Kill Bill movies intended to be. He is also not heavy framed but definitely not a wimp.

From a wages point of view if you land a Jude Law or a Johnny Depp for the lead, the rest of the cast are going to be talented unknowns or second stringers waiting for their big break; ala LOTR.

Ignoring reality, my favoured line up for the main roles would be:
    Elric: Johnny Depp
    Yyrkoon: Alan Rickman
    Arioch: Brad Pitt
    Jagreen Lern: Russell Crowe
    Dyvim Tvar: Viggo Mortensen
    Sadric: Jack Nicholson
    Racknir: Kevin Spacey or maybe Ben Stiller
    Magum Colim: Jeremy Irons
    Moonglum: Eric Bana (previously a professional comedian, timing for wry quips would be perfect)
    Theleb K'aarna: Hugo Weaving

Peter Jackson director. He has proven big and unbelievable can be doable and credible. It is important to decide whether you want the film to be an X-men type amusement or something “grand�; I would love grand and not many can do it.

Just my humble opinion.

And Evangeline Lily from the serie Lost for Cymoril very good actress and she is so HOT!!!!!!!

Comment

Bakkhios if you could make a nice picture of Evangeline Lily has Cymoril like you always do everybody would no that she is Cymoril by the way your picture ROCK!!!! keep your good work! Peace!

Comment

Bettany or John rhyes Davies would be great for Elric.
        I wonder if Marilyn Manson could pull off a british accent and act as well.
        Prolly a bad idea.
        I KNOW!!! I could play him!! HA HA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
          Bakkhios if you could make a nice picture of Evangeline Lily has Cymoril like you always do everybody would no that she is Cymoril by the way your picture ROCK!!!! keep your good work! Peace!
          Thanks! :D I'll do my best and try to "Cymorilize" Evangeline...

Bob-e-bane, Marilyn Manson... :scratch: He's no Arioch material, as Arioch should be beoooootiful and, erm, he isn't precisely that; but he definitely has something chaotic about him and he could maybe pull off a cameo appearance...
          As Mabelode the Faceless, maybe? :lol:
          How nerdy is that idea???
          “Because,” she said, “there are better dreams.” - the Sea Lady (H.G. Wells)

Comment

[broken link] look at this Cymoril
            Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 05:56 AM.

Comment

:?
              Sorry, that link doesn't lead me anywhere... Is this the complete URL form???
              I could find nice pics of her on the net, though.

Anyway, "Guest", did you forget to log in or register? If so, don't be shy, get yourself a nick and a cool avatar and join in !

Cheers,
              “Because,” she said, “there are better dreams.” - the Sea Lady (H.G. Wells)

Comment

Re: Thoughts on casting

Wow, Puffin! Only one un-original suggestion! :clap:

I don't agree with them all, but some are intriguing...
                [list]Elric: Johnny Depp
                Yyrkoon: Alan Rickman - added to [broken link]
                Arioch: Brad Pitt - added to [broken link]
                Jagreen Lern: Russell Crowe - added to [broken link]
                Dyvim Tvar: Viggo Mortensen - added to [broken link]
                Sadric: Jack Nicholson - added to [broken link]
                Rackhir: Kevin Spacey or maybe Ben Stiller - both added to [broken link]
                Magum Colim: Jeremy Irons - added to [broken link]
                Moonglum: Eric Bana - added to [broken link]
                Theleb K'aarna: Hugo Weaving - added to [broken link]
                Ciao,
                Ant
                Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X