Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Bernal as Yrkoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernal as Yrkoon

I saw a photo of Gael Garcia Bernal when it struck me that he wouldn't be too shabby as Yrkoon:

www.batrco.com/yrkoon.jpg

He is a good actor and his coloring would make him truly look like Aishwarya Rai's brother.

Nice one! :D

Plus he's a promising young actor, and it would change him from impersonating el Che Guevara!
    And he was good at being evil in "La Mala Educacion"... :twisted:
    “Because,” she said, “there are better dreams.” - the Sea Lady (H.G. Wells)

Comment

NO...HE IS TOO...BEUTIFULL!!!!!!!!!
      IRKOON MUST NOT BE NICE...IN MY OPINION...

Comment

"Too beautiful"???
        He still is a pure-blood Melnibonean, and the Melnibonean Folk is beautiful.
        If that is so, maybe he would be a better candidate for Arioch?
        “Because,” she said, “there are better dreams.” - the Sea Lady (H.G. Wells)

Comment

James Marsters would make a fitting Yrkoon. Handsome, yet skilled at seeming and appearing sinister.

Comment

I've added Bernal to [broken link]the list for Yyrkoon

James Marsters was already there! :)

Ciao,
            Ant
            Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Neil Jackson.

He had a small part in Alexander, but I saw him last night in the Stargate SG-1 episode, "Prototype", playing Khalek, Anubis's "son", and thought...

Well, my first thought was, "Elric!"

But on reflection I think he'd suit Yyrkoon far better ... next to Paul Bettany as Elric... and Jennifer Connelly as Cymoril.
              [broken link][broken link][broken link]

Ciao,
              Ant
              Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 05:50 AM.

Comment

I liked that dude that played The Scarecrow in Spiderman.
                He would be goodas Yrkoon.

Comment

Good suggestion..

Originally posted by bob-e-bane
                  I liked that dude that played The Scarecrow in Spiderman.
                  He would be goodas Yrkoon.
                  Of course - you meant Batman Begins I realize - but I totally agree with you.
                  he has the acting skills and the cheekbones for it. He even has a mad mop of hair (which needs to be lightened a bit - I think Yrkoon has fiery hair if memory serves me) First and foremost Yyrkoon needs to be a backstabbing, spoiled, petulently mad.

Repeatedly in the saga he outdoes Elric, the best and most promising sorcerer in over 500 years, not by being better than him, but by being outragiously audacious and cunningly mad. He goes too far and surprises people at how "too far" he went. He believes he deserves to be in charge by virtue of being cold-blooded enough to prove it by killing kin and kind, and if he can't have it - nobody will....Someone who can throw a tantrum in rage but never cry. We need someone that makes you want to slap his frecle-faced, red-headed-stepchild face off... but not too quickly as you're not done venting your ire yet. Someone that is madly cunning and sometimes right.

Comment

@ Athenys: Beware! some around here could find your signature banner offending. I know what I'm talking about.
                    Free the West Memphis Three

Comment

Not bad. That is the kind of colouration I would expect from Yyrkoon. However, I imagine him as a more muscular sort. Not Conanesque, but something to better justify how he mocks Elric for his 'weakness'.
                      'The canons of narrative art in any medium cannot be wholly different; and the failure of poor media is often precisely in exaggeration, and in the intrusion of unwarranted matter owing to not perceiving where the core of the original lies.' - Tolkien

Comment

Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Yrkoon?

A Brad Dourif type for Elric?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrazor View Post
                          Of course - you meant Batman Begins I realize - but I totally agree with you.
                          he has the acting skills and the cheekbones for it. He even has a mad mop of hair (which needs to be lightened a bit - I think Yrkoon has fiery hair if memory serves me) First and foremost Yyrkoon needs to be a backstabbing, spoiled, petulently mad.

Repeatedly in the saga he outdoes Elric, the best and most promising sorcerer in over 500 years, not by being better than him, but by being outragiously audacious and cunningly mad. He goes too far and surprises people at how "too far" he went. He believes he deserves to be in charge by virtue of being cold-blooded enough to prove it by killing kin and kind, and if he can't have it - nobody will....Someone who can throw a tantrum in rage but never cry. We need someone that makes you want to slap his frecle-faced, red-headed-stepchild face off... but not too quickly as you're not done venting your ire yet. Someone that is madly cunning and sometimes right.
                          Whoops! Yah I meant Batman begins.
                          He'd be good as Elric as well.
                          I think Elric and Yrkoon should look similar.
                          Yin and Yang.
                          Blonde and brunette. ha ha......

Comment

Originally posted by bob-e-bane View Post
                            I think Elric and Yrkoon should look similar.
                            Yin and Yang.
                            Blonde and brunette. ha ha......
                            I like the idea of Elric and Yyrkoon as represemting a yin and yang dynamic....it works well with the idea of 'keeping the cosmic balance.'

Jonathan Rhys Meyers might work well.
                            "I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing." Anais Nin

Comment

Yrkoon is also a warrior

Remember, while the Melniboeans are all "pretty" - Elric is weak and fragile as the albino and his cousin is the antithesis of this. Yrkoon is a warrior more than a sorcerror.

I do agree that Cillian Murphey would make a decent Elric. I used to imagine a young Rutger Hauer (ala Blade Runner) or maybe Jeremy Irons as Elric.

I am a huge Christian Bale fan and think he would make an excellent Yrkoon - dark, brooding, over the top, and dangerous!

Comment

Working...
                              X