Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Lords of Law, elementals and Grey Lords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lords of Law, elementals and Grey Lords

They don't exactly have massive parts, but it's been bugging me for who'll play them, maybe Orlando Bloom as one of the two more minor ones, I'm not sure about Donblas though...

Ha, yes... Some good actors, please!

I surely don't want all of them to be completely CGI, though for some it would be interesting, like I (and probably hundreds before me) mentionned before: the Lords of Law should be fully CGI to render their impossible beauty and symmetry.
    Another good idea on paper, but it should be handled properly! Not like in Enki Bilal's "Immortal": the people with artificial bodies were CGI, great idea and very topical if you know the story... but the CGI was so bad I couldn't believe it was made in the last ten years(I love his comics but I hated the whole movie...).

Please don't make Straasha a big fish like in the comic!!! Nor a silly CGI water-made bearded guy like Poseidon in the "Xena" series!
    A real actor with CGI make-up and garments (watery clothes?) would be much better. More like the Lady of the Lake played by Miranda Richardson in the "Merlin" TV special: the water-dress and the living fish necklace was a brilliant idea!

By the way, Miranda Richardson is great. Any chance she could get a part in the movie? As Yishana, maybe?

Anyway my first concern for the "lesser" gods goes to my favourite: Lord Meerclar of the Cats!!! He shouldn't look too much like a fugitive from the Jellicle Ball, though... then again that might be funny.
    :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:
    “Because,” she said, “there are better dreams.” - the Sea Lady (H.G. Wells)

Comment

Ya, Meerclar is great! CGI would be cool.

They could still show some of the actors for the Gods,but just have some special effects over top. Just a thought.

That's alot of cats! btw. :D

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Never enough!!!! :D :D :D :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:

True, they might still have some real actors for the Lords of Law... but with a symmetry trick on their faces? That would give an eerie look, and it would also make them unrecognizable! That's an interesting one... :scratch:

Which actors, by the way??? Let's give Ant some work!

Ian Mc Kellen for Straasha (to forget a bit Gandalf and for the great acting skills and striking blue eyes)

and half-joking... Schwarzie for Grome!!! :lol:

And Johnny Depp, so often named before in the suggestion, as the humor and the kicks to make a great Meerclar! :cat: :cat: :cat:

Comment

Yeah Bakkhios! Those are good ideas and cast choices. :D

I am still trying to think of more actors who were not mentioned. :cup:

I don't think we mentioned Adrian Paul yet for any character, don't know how he'd be as a God, but he did play an Immortal. :lol:

Can we get Kiera Knightly as a Lord of Law?

Hmm, alot of my movie favourites were already mentioned...

I will check the achive list again, then check the movies and shows that I like and see what I can come up with, hehe.

Henry Rollins as a Chaos Lord?

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

wow! I did not see the Tilda Swinton as Elric image on there before, that is scary how much she looks like Elric. :clap:

I am still thinking of actors, but here is one:

Thomas Ian Griffith as Grome or make him the Insect Lord?(I think there was one of those) I need to research that again, I forget,hehe. Haashaastack was one of those guys,right? I know the spelling is wrong on that. I'll have to go grab the books. ;) (or look in the Moorcockpedia)

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Thank you Iemec :oops: :D !!!

Ah, Keira Knightly, the well-named (for sword-and sorcery movies, I mean)! :drool: Good idea!

Henry Rollins looks chaotic enough indeed... :D

Thomas Ian Griffith is also a good one... I can only remember him in Carpenter's "Vampires"; what else did he do?

Anyway, most of the lesser Law and Chaos Lords would only make cameo appearances in the Final Battle, so anything is possible! :)

Indeed, the Beast Lords have impossible names, as they are onomatopeic... The insect Lord is Nnuuurrrr'c'c' (but I don't know the exact amount of n's and r's...). 8O

Comment

Originally posted by Bakkhios
                ... Let's give Ant some work! ...
                Then even more for you, Bakkhios!

Gr.,
                Ant

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                  Then even more for you, Bakkhios!Ant
                  8O :| :) :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well said, Ant!!! :clap: I hadn't thought of that, suits me right! :roll:

Comment

Thank you Iemec :oops: :D !!!

Ah, Keira Knightly, the well-named (for sword-and sorcery movies, I mean)! :drool: Good idea!

Henry Rollins looks chaotic enough indeed... :D

Thomas Ian Griffith is also a good one... I can only remember him in Carpenter's "Vampires"; what else did he do?

Anyway, most of the lesser Law and Chaos Lords would only make cameo appearances in the Final Battle, so anything is possible! :)

Indeed, the Beast Lords have impossible names, as they are onomatopeic... The insect Lord is Nnuuurrrr'c'c' (but I don't know the exact amount of n's and r's...). 8O
                    you are most welcome. :D

:lol: ya, Kiera does have a great name and a plus is the fact that even though she was in King Arthur and Pirates of the Carribean and it's future two sequals, I am still not tired of her, I feel that she can act differently enough in whatever role might come her way. She sure does light up the screen too, just look at here small role in 'Love Actually.' astonishing. Well, in my humble opinion anyway.

hehe, Rollins did have a couple cameos in movies,so he could technically be added to the actor list. ;) Plus if he had a speaking role, his voice is great! (and he seems to have something to say,btw-Spoken Word :) )

Griffith was in a bunch of stuff, but Vampires was the one that stands out. When I mentioned his name, I was actually thinking of his role in Platoon, although the IMBD does not mention Platoon under his name, I am pretty sure that was him in there, the dude who went around with the walking stick. As a side note, at first, I though that was Michael Wincott as the vampire, :lol: then I saw the credits and learned otherwise. similar,no? haha.

Those beast lords are great. Very interesting names. ;) I wonder what the dragons would sound like in the final battle? Melnibonean dragons are the best out of any fantasy world, that's how I feel about it. There are alot of elements to consider for the movies,hehe.

Is Mike still doing his cameo as Count Smiorgan? or is that information incorrect?

When the movie does come out, I bet two hours will feel like two minutes, it's going to be magnificant! I know now, I'll be in the theater pleased and satisfied, but still wanting more. :D It will be quite an achievment having the six books as movies, makes me wonder where the script version will leave off so the next movie picks up at it's end. hmm. excitement and questions,haha. I guess I need to relax. :lol:

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

We're all excited, lemec! :D :D :D

I don't know about Mike as Smiorgan, I have been to my great shame away from this great site and its forums for a while because of work, so I don't know about the latest stuff.
                      However I remember that Smiorgan had been removed from the script and that his role was subsumed by Yishana, thus making her part more consistent (she will represents the Young Kingdoms in the movie). Is it still the case?

Ant, I started: :D
                      [broken link]

Jellicle come to the Jellicle Ball...
                      :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:
                      Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:49 AM.

Comment

... Ant, I started: :D ...
                        I'll :cat: ch up later this week! :D

Gr.,
                        Ant

Comment

very cool. :) excellent Meerclar!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

I suddenly crave a saucer of milk.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Thanks! :D

... a saucer of milk???
                              hey, wait a minute... do you happen to be a were-cat too???? Or it's just feline atavism, maybe...

:cat: :cat: :cat:

Comment

Working...
                              X