Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Some Casting Ideas for MM films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Casting Ideas for MM films

Have any of you seen Lost. Its on Channel 4. Its great. Totaly unapolagetic, action fantasy fun. Not a desperate atempt at being worthy or trying to have some trite hysterical message.

Note, Americans shouldnt try irony or other subtlties. I mean , they thought the new Battlestar Galactica was serious and meaningfull. Ugh, downright nasty those fans.

Anyway have you seen the actors? They all cool, and the man who plays Sawyer, hes hot. Evangeline Lilly is pretty. Sayid is handsome. The leader doctor is cute. theyd all be cool.

I think any of those good be in a MM film.

Though I think the credits for Lost are not the best.

OK, but who as whom?

Naveen Andrews: Sayid Jarrah: Jagreen Lern?
    Matthew Fox: Dr. Jack Sheppard: ???
    Josh Holloway: James "Sawyer" Ford: Yyrkoon??
    Evangeline Lilly: Kate Austen: Zarozinia??
    Dominic Monaghan: Charlie Pace: Moonglum (old suggestion)
    Terry O'Quinn: John Locke: Dyvim Tvar?

???

Cheers,
    Ant

Comment

No Naveen Andrews is nice, he should be someone good. Jack would make a great captain/ leader, a good one.

I think Sawyer would make a good Hawkmoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
        Terry O'Quinn: John Locke: Dyvim Tvar?
        I've managed to forget almost everything I knew about that character, which wasn't very much, but he works with the dragons, right? Having O'Quinn squinting and grinning enigmatically while he explained the dragons to Elric might be kinda groovy.
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Terry O'Quinn had a small part in The X-Files movie. If it is the one I am thinking of. He would be cool in the movie,but I am not sure as who. I don't know if he would fit the Melnibonean role. I like him though.

I am going to look up those other suggestions as well on the imbd.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

The obvious suggestion for TO'Q would have been Smiorgan - but we know he's not going to be in the movie...

Gr.,
            Ant

Comment

I've managed to forget almost everything I knew about that character, which wasn't very much, but he works with the dragons, right? Having O'Quinn squinting and grinning enigmatically while he explained the dragons to Elric might be kinda groovy.[/quote]

Dyvim Tvar waas the dragon master who cared a great deal about his dragons, in the first novel he is one of Elric's closest friends, possibly his closest. He doesn't explain dragons to Elric, as he already knows about them.

Just to jog your memory .

Comment

Working...
              X