Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

casting elric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• casting elric

i think that julian sands from the movie warlock would be a great elric[/b]

I thought Stuart Townsend looked very much like Elric should in the film "Queen of the Damned".

Comment

Hello, Townsend would be pretty cool.

Ant has a thread somewhere, that has alot of possibilities to choose from.

Did you know that Stuart Townsend is in the new Nightstalker (Kolchack)
      on ABC?

-Lemec

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

i like julian sands he just has that look the only thing about him is this will be a young elric and he is like 46

Comment

Yeah, too bad he is not a little younger, there is a pict of him on the casting archive as Elric.

It is here [broken link]
          Last edited by Rothgo; 04-08-2010, 11:11 AM.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Stuart Townsend is the best Elric i have in mind.

Comment

How about Scott Weiland? (Velvet Revolver,Stone Temple Pilots)

I know he is not an actor, but he is very thin.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec
                ...I know he is not an actor ...
                Mike's very clear that Elric must be played by somebody who can act, and act well!

Cordialement,
                Ant

Comment

Originally posted by lemec
                  ... Ant has a thread somewhere, that has alot of possibilities to choose from...
                  [broken link]Here!

Not choices, strictly, but our suggestions...

Ciao,
                  Ant
                  Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:44 AM.

Comment

ahh good point Ant. true, true :)

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Ant, Add Alejo Sauras to the Elric list
                      he looks the part completely

Comment

Paul Bettany would be an excellent choice I believe....

Good acting , and very physically able to pull off our sickly albino protagonist !! ( not being a musclebound wrestler type, I mean )

Comment

Hard To Say!

God, it is so hard for me to choose somebody to play the tortured albino princeling...most of the actors on here being suggested just are not doing it for me! Cillian Murphy, maybe, Crispin Glover--well, he has the look, if it weren't for the fact he's a bloody psycho puppy...it's impossible for me to choose the right person, as they have to have the perfect combination of looks and acting ability. And I've yet to see anybody who I think can hang with the role. So sue me...*shrug* Orlando Bloom can certainly act and has the look, but I think he's sick of period pieves for a while!

Comment

Ewan McGregor should play Moonglum. Timothy Dalton should play Yarkoon. Cillian Murphy could play Elric.

Comment

A new suggestion for Elric from the TV show Hustle is Marc Warren.
                              http://groups.msn.com/MarcWarren/sta...to&PhotoID=739

Comment

Working...
                              X