Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Anand Tycker new His Dark Materials director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anand Tycker new His Dark Materials director

Anand Tucker is the new director of His Dark Materials, by Phillip Pullman.
    Peter Weitz quit.

Phillip Pullman is *happy and exited* about this.
    It didnt seem Peter Weitz was happy about doing this film at all. Good thing he quit now instead of it going wrong.

Does this mean the elric movie will speed up now?

Thanks for the Info
    I think its chris weitz...but that is a good question, maybe Elric is the real reason he left

Comment

Re: Anand Tycker new His Dark Materials director

Originally posted by yolanda
      ... Phillip Pullman is *happy and exited* about this. ...
      Why would he be? :? Looking through Anand Tucker's short list of films on IMDb, there's nothing that suggests him as a good director for this film...

Or is Pullman happy because it's no longer Chris Weitz?

Ciao,
      Ant

PS. Where did you read this, yolanda?

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
        Originally posted by yolanda
        ... Phillip Pullman is *happy and exited* about this. ...
        PS. Where did you read this, yolanda?

http://www.bridgetothestars.net/inde...ews&p=12140401

Comment

Mmm... no "happy and excited" quote there, though.

If CW said, "I am not the right director to bring it to pass"... again, why should we think Anand Tucker is?

Neither CW nor PW will be directing the Elric movie... again we need a director up to the "technical challenges of making such an epic".

Cordialement,
          Ant

Comment

too bad Wolfgang Peterson is doing the Ender series
            Clint Eastwood...very unlikely choice but I think he would be good for the emotional, human side of the books

Comment

I saw it on teletext.

No Clint Eastwood would maul it to death. No one deserves that. I saw Million Doller Baby. Grim, Talk about depressing. And thats saying something, cos i had to endure that diabolical crap Be Cool before it. Be cool gets the award for the most obviously opposite title ever. Its one big pukefestt ego trip that followed the diabolical crap Get Shorty.

Didnt they realise how rubbish it was?

The only thing that sprung to mind after watching that was that they were so far up there own arses they couldnt see the truth. I dont want to see into their minds.

I think Peter Jackson would be good for HDM. Or someone who knows how to direct fantasy and sci fi. Someone light and unpretentious. Somone who hasnt made a misarable arty film,preferabley.

It could go so wrong. I hope it doesnt. I like the books. Ive got all 4 of them. 8)

Yes i did consider that Chris Weitz wasnt really into HDM. I think he must be into the elric stories.

Comment

I mean HDM isn't pretentious with those Milton quotes in a kids book, no way. . . I'd like to see the stage play, it's had really good reviews.

more seriously, you watched Be Cool after seeing Get Shorty? I haven't even had the urge to watch the first one, but to watch the sequel to a film you didn't like is like is . . asking for it?

Comment

I didnt watch it intentionally. Someone i know got it cos The Rock is i it. Oh i deleted that from the mind fast.

Who says kids books should not have quotes in? Why not.

Comment

Working...
                  X