Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Any decisions on Cymoril?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any decisions on Cymoril?

I saw the pictures of Kirsten Kreuk and she definitely has the "Melnibonean look". If you look at the 2nd picture of her, you can just imagine her with pointed ears and that regal and sexy sultry look. :o)

I agree with you on that. In fact I suggested she would make a decent Cymoril waaay back :) !

Comment

I, also, made that suggestion back in the days of yore.

:D

And I still, no matter the general consensus of her acting skills, think she could perform it well - she certainly looks the part. Hell, she'll be asleep half the time anyway.

;)

H.

Comment

Bah, that last one was me...

*hangs head in shame*

H.
        Hapimeses.com

Comment

I think Mike said he favored an Indian actress. I'm not sure he realized she is already 32.

Comment

Originally posted by Tianzi
            I think Mike said he favored an Indian actress. I'm not sure he realized she is already 32.
            Aishwarya Rai, yes. She's 32. And Bettany's 34. Maybe Melnibonأ©ans age differently than we do... ?

Ciao,
            Ant

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
              Aishwarya Rai, yes. She's 32. And Bettany's 34. Maybe Melnibonأ©ans age differently than we do... ?,
              Ant
              I think you may be right. Elric is the 428th Emperor of an ANCIENT kingdom.....does 428 sound like a large number for an ancient kingdom? I bet their lifespans are longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                Aishwarya Rai, yes. She's 32.
                :D here she is, as Cymoril:

[broken link][broken link]

Her eyes are simply incredible... and they are real, no lenses, no Photoshop !
                She is somehow close to Kirsten Kreuk, but a bit more... voluptuous! 8O

You were right to create that topic, Yishana: we're all ranting about Elric, but it was indeed time to talk about the girls as well!
                Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:30 AM.
                “Because,” she said, “there are better dreams.” - the Sea Lady (H.G. Wells)

Comment

[quote="Bakkhios"]
                  Originally posted by Ant
                  Aishwarya Rai, yes. She's 32.
                  Her eyes are simply incredible... and they are real, no lenses, no Photoshop !
                  She is somehow close to Kirsten Kreuk, but a bit more... voluptuous! 8O

You were right to create that topic, Yishana: we're all ranting about Elric, but it was indeed time to talk about the girls as well!
                  You do some really nice art Bakkhios!! I'm assuming you gave those Cymoril pictures some artistic embellishments? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Bakkhios
                    Her eyes are simply incredible...
                    Maybe it's Maybelline... sorry, I should say, L'Oreal. :)

Very nicely executed, Bakkhios! She's stunning. ... I mean, your pictures are stunning.

Links now added to [broken link]this list.

Gr.,
                    Ant
                    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:29 AM.

Comment

I'm in agreement about Aishwarya Rai, at least as far as the look goes. I haven't seen her act, so I'm not willing to say 100% that's who I would go for.

As far as age *shrug* it really doesn't matter how old the actors truely are, just whether or not they can pull off in behaviour and appearance the age of their characters.

428 Emporerors in about 10000 years would give us an average reign of just over 23 years per sovereign. Compare that to say England (later Great Britain) from Offa in 757 until the present, which had 73 rulers as best I can tell (that's including the Cromwells in the 17th century and a few gaps here and there in the older periods of saxon rule and during periods of upheaval) for an average reign of about 17 years. Or we could look at Ancient Egypt which had something like 144 pharaohs in the 1540 year period fromt eh start of the New Kingdom until the submission of egypt by Rome (an average reign of just over 10 years). Either way, I guess it is pretty logical to make the argument that Melnibonأ©ans are slightly longer lived than normal humans, and perhaps they do age al ittle slower.

(the numbers and date-ranges of the monarchs of england/GB and of Egypt are both from en.wikipedia.org)
                      "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                      --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Nice pics Bakkhios!
                        Here in my opinion is the perfect Cymoril, she was in the Firefly series that lasted one season, but that show has a movie coming out internationally in september called Serenity which is the extension of the show
                        this girl will be big someday soon!

Graduate from Juillard, Morena Baccarin

Comment

Inara would make *wonderful* Cymoril! I didn't even think to consider her ^^ She was great in Firefly and I really hope Serenity does well, maybe she could become a real possibility.
                          ~Goddess Virage, Your Local Goddess of Destruction

Comment

She is gorgeous! :D [image moved][image moved] (boy, I love these extra-smilies!!! Thanks, PsychicWarVeteran! )

I didn't know her nor the Firefly series -shame on me :oops: - but as far as looks go I also think she could be indeed a serious candidate to the "Ultimate Cymoril Beauty Pageant" (sponsored by Maybelline and L'Orأ©al !!! @ Ant)

And thanks everyone for your nice comments :D (including "Guest": don't be shy! Find yourself a groovy avatar and join in!!!)
                            “Because,” she said, “there are better dreams.” - the Sea Lady (H.G. Wells)

Comment

Bakkhios Do Morena Baccarin as Cymoril :idea:

Comment

Working...
                              X