Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric movie latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elric movie latest

My agent tells me that Universal have voluntarilt paid the second option money two months before it was due, so things look pretty good for the movie. Substantial amount and not against the payment when the movie goes into production. The first draft script is written and we've all given our thoughts about it. I'm now waiting to hear what Chris and Paul think. But everything's looking good. Linda believe Paul B's just practising in the Da Vinci Code, which she's currently reading because a friend sent it. Butler's offering tea and scones late at night in country houses! P.G.Wodehouse would be turning in his grave. Sounds a pretty stupid book, but maybe that's the only kind which gets that sort of attention. :D

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No news is good news, but some news is better than no news.
    Google ergo sum

Comment

Yes, very good to hear that things are moving along. :D

Comment

Mike, don't you know we have a forum dedicated to the movie now? :)

Good news, though, wherever it's posted!

Cheers,
        Ant

Comment

great news! and now to the question that keeps us all breathles.... WHO will be stunts coordinator :roll:
          ahem.

Mrs M should really not waste her time with that, er, book.

Comment

Originally posted by mordenkainen
            ... Mrs M should really not waste her time with that, er, book.
            Agreed. I've said elsewhere that I found it such a frustrating book. It is gripping, but in an obviously mechanical way. And it cheats the reader, by making them feel smarter than they are. And Brown get so many mundane details just plain wrong.

But perhaps people who read that and then look for other books featuring the Grail might stumble across The Warhound and the World's Pain, The Dreamthief's Daughter, etc.

Ciao,
            Ant

Comment

Fantastic news!!

Comment

Thrilled things are going well....

I did not like the comic book much. Don't like the idea of american indian aesthetics/dress.

Love asian influence and martial art films.

Just recently re-watched LOTR. I thought those films were fantastic and was not bored in the slightest.

If Elric is as half as epic and as visually stunning as LOTR I will eat my words.
                Unfortunately it takes ALOT of people and ALOT of money to make a film this great.

I DO AGREE THAT THESE STORIES MIKE HAS GRACED US WITH MAKE THE CROW, LOTR, AND SPAWN LOOK LIKE MR. ROGERS NEIGBORHOOD.
                PLEASE PUSH FOR 3 FILMS AND DO THESE BOOKS JUSTICE.

THE ELRIC SAGA!! HURAH!!!!

Comment

The Elric Movie

I am really looking forward to an Elric movie! I am glad to hear good news about it. I read all the Elric novels and the Champion Eternal books. Michael Moorcock is the most intelligent person in the Multiverse!

It is too bad all the books can't be made into movies. I really enjoyed the Hawkmoon and Count Brass books. It will be great seeing some of the other Eternal Champions in one of the Elric movies. I wonder who will play Jhary-a-Conel? I love every Moorcock book that I have read. One's like
                  Breakfast In The Ruins,Behold The Man and Gloriana really make ya think.

I just finished White Wolf's Son, that was a real treat for the fans. It was great havng all those characters in it from other books!

A Thousand Thanks to Mr. Moorcock !!!!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                  - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Good news Mike! Thanks for the update!
                    Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

[quote="Ant"]
                      Originally posted by mordenkainen

But perhaps people who read that and then look for other books featuring the Grail might stumble across The Warhound and the World's Pain, The Dreamthief's Daughter, etc.

Ciao,
                      Ant
                      Both books definitely MUCH MUCH better than the average mainstream I think!! The Von Bek & Elric series are definitely my favorites!

Comment

Da Vinci Code, no! Elric, YES!! Enough said! :o

I'm waiting eagerly for the Elric movie. With today's abilities in movie making, I see its possible that something good can come out from this.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                          I did not like the comic book much. Don't like the idea of american indian aesthetics/dress.
                          Yeah, but there's Amerindian stuff all over The Skrayling Tree, so it didn't just pop in out of nowhere.

Comment

Yeah, but there's Amerindian stuff all over The Skrayling Tree, so it didn't just pop in out of nowhere.
                            Maybe this isn't directly related (seeing as how it's a non-Elric book) but I've just finished re-reading The Sword of the Dawn, and noticed that the Legion of the Dawn - from the oblique descriptions given of them - appear to be American Indians, as far as I can tell. And that book was written in1969, so Mike's been referencing this sort of thing in his EC books for some time it seems.
                            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Ooh, hey. I forgot about that. Good point (re-reading Hawkmoon is next on my to do list).

(I was the guest above who brought up the Skrayling Tree, btw.)

Comment

Working...
                              X