Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Moonglum: not in the (first) movie, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonglum: not in the (first) movie, but...

There was a feature in yesterday's Times about "sexy-ugly" actors... the kind my mother used to refer to in French as jolie-laid. One of those featured was Daniel Craig - Alex West in Tomb Raider.

It struck me he'd be good for this part...

Another one to add to the [broken link]list

Cordialement,
    Ant
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-08-2010, 01:53 PM.

Moonglum thoughts

Having read the Elric books numerous times, and being presented with the idea of an Elric movie trilogy...Well the first face that came to mind when I thought "Moonglum" was Armin Shimerman, best known as "Quark" on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Call me crazy, many do.

-WW

Comment

eventually they will need a Moonglum heres my choice, giovanni ribisi

Comment

moonglum

how about Dominic Monaghan...reckon he'd fit the bill

Comment

Originally posted by Papumpkin
          how about Dominic Monaghan...reckon he'd fit the bill
          I imagine Universal (and Mike, for that matter) will want to stay away from Dominic because of his association with Lord of the Rings. Otherwise, I can definately see where you are coming from.
          "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
          --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

I don't see moonglum as a comedic sidekick, I see him as a strong, agile, slightly seasoned warrior, I dont know if Dominic could fill those shoes

Comment

OK, what about Jonny Lee Miller (aka Sick Boy) from Trainspotting?

He could play a warrior and maybe be more serious than some others.

They could use make-up and make him look ugly, besides Moonglum is not really really ugly is he? He seemed to have charisma to me that went a long way.

If you want someone a little odd-looking though, Ewan Bremmer also from Trainspotting could be a choice. :)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
              - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Ewan Bremmer is perfect! I've yet to see a movie with him where I wasn't impressed by some aspect of his performance. Even his brief appearance in "Snatch" (as "Mullet" the tie-wearing, dog-breathed junkie) was an entertaining and convincing performance I thought.
                "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

[broken link]Elric Movie Casting Archive updated with your suggestions! Now with hyperlinked index!!! :cup:

Oops... I'd missed this thread. Moonglum's list also updated! :oops:

I think I'm up to date, but I'm sure you'll let me know if I've missed any (serious) suggestions... Or any new images by Bakkhios or others...

Cheers,
                  Ant
                  Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:42 AM.

Comment

How about Simon Pegg? His face just shouts Moonglum at me. I don't know the full range of his acting capabilities tho having only seen him in comedy roles - Spaced, Shaun of the Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by jaybiz
                      How about Simon Pegg? His face just shouts Moonglum at me. I don't know the full range of his acting capabilities tho having only seen him in comedy roles - Spaced, Shaun of the Dead.
                      Are you suggesting a sequel to Shaun of the Dead - perhaps Howling: A New Moonglum Rising?

Well, he's a leftfield suggestion, but not necessarily a bad one. He's certainly a sf/fantasy fan, so maybe he'd jump at the chance!

Ciao,
                      Ant

Comment

Although I agree with all the fine suggestions above, I've been watching a sitcom called Just Shoot Me! a lot recently (it's on when I have breakfast) and I think that Enrico Colantoni (who plays Elliot the photographer) might also be a candidate. Having just checked his IMDb page, I've discovered he was also in Galaxy Quest, which is certainly to his credit!

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0170186/

(Shout out to Pam Brady, writer on JSM and often overlooked writer on many fine South Park projects) :)
                        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by jaybiz

Okay, I'm in. I never imagined Moonglum to look like Simon Pegg, but he would be terrfic. They would need to put him through some physical training. I think he would need about 20 more pounds of muscle and a drop in body fat by 10 percentage points. Also, intensive sword work to toughen him up.

Comment

Working...
                          X