Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

ELRIC MOVIE (PART 5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELRIC MOVIE (PART 5)

Just thought I'd start a new thread..... got tired of waiting for someone else to :lol:

~Enon

erm, I think the whole point of this forum is to avoid posting everything in the same thread...

Comment

That's right. So instead of Elric Movie Part V, one could go and make a point about Carrot Top being Moonglum in a brand new thread.
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

... although Moonglum's not going to be in the (first) movie.

Cheers,
        Ant

PS. But anyway, see [broken link]here.
        Last edited by Rothgo; 04-08-2010, 01:53 PM.

Comment

How embarassing...... :oops:

well there needs to be a general topic thread nonetheless, right?

~Enon

Comment

Wow! I've been dreaming of an Elric movie since first reading the books in the '70s. Can't wait.

I wonder if the success of the LotR movies has sent Hollyweird scrambling for more quality fantasy? I think it likely.

Also wondering if the movie will touch on the Eternal Champion part of the story or keep it simple?

Comment

The above post was me.. Been meaning to register here for a long while. Now I have...

Comment

Elric movie,

I have always been a fan of Moorcock, and Elric. But I seriously think that any Elric movie will not be that great. I think a Hawkmoon, or World and the Worlds pain would make such a better movie. But this is just an opinion.

Comment

Re: Elric movie,

Originally posted by billybarz
                  I have always been a fan of Moorcock, and Elric. But I seriously think that any Elric movie will not be that great. I think a Hawkmoon, or World and the Worlds pain would make such a better movie. But this is just an opinion.
                  I have to disagree... having Moorcock and the Weitzes behind it bodes well. Of course, the choice of director will be crucial...

But I agree that The Warhound and the World's Pain would make a great movie. Twenty years ago I would have had no hesitation in suggesting Rutger Hauer as Graf Ulrich von Bek! But I'm not sure who now...

Ciao,
                  Ant

Comment

But I agree that The Warhound and the World's Pain would make a great movie. Twenty years ago I would have had no hesitation in suggesting Rutger Hauer as Graf Ulrich von Bek! But I'm not sure who now...
                    Yes, and i suggest Christina Bale as Ulrich. He would make a good Elric too.

Comment

Corum, now there's an eternal champion :up:

The Corum novels are still by far my favorite, Elric is a close second :notworthy:

SE

Comment

Wasn't sure where to post this. I saw that he'd been nominated for the role of Moonglum, but I think Gary Oldman would make a great Elric. He's the kind of actor I would trust with the role.

Comment

But Gary Oldman is far to old, i think. And he can't do good swordfighting. My alltime favorite Elric is Vincent Cassel. But he has no great lobby in hollywood. So i think they will take a big name, such as Jude Law, and that would be okay.

Comment

Working...
                          X