Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Opening credits...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening credits...

Would Universal go for this? Rather than the word UNIVERSAL circling around the globe... yes, you're ahead of me... the word MULTIVERSAL. Or even MICHAEL MOORCOCK'S MULTIVERSAL.

Or maybe something along the lines of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom or, particularly, Waterworld... mmm... The Earth could morph into the world of the Young Kingdoms...

Cordialement,
    Ant

cool :D

Comment

And/ Or you could have a Stormbringer blade emitting pulses of black radiance a la RKO Radio Pictures antenna leader....
      Or something

Comment

aRiOKh Radio perhaps?

Gr.,
        Ant

Comment

I'd like to see Michael Moorcock in a ring of fire roaring "Hello, Pards!" in the style of the old Metro Goldwyn-Meyer Lion ...

Okay?
          Google ergo sum

Comment

...while twirling a lasso? Please? Pretty please? :)
            "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Re: Opening credits...

Originally posted by Ant
              Or maybe something along the lines of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom or, particularly, Waterworld... mmm... The Earth could morph into the world of the Young Kingdoms...

Cordialement,
              Ant
              ....that would mean the earth morphing dished shaped?

Oh! I see now, then we would desend on the Isle of Melnibone, the dreaming city and then the throne room.......
              -The Prayer of the Eternal Knight -
              In Service, I give what I have become. I am what I am.
              Eternal, Immortal, Universal, and Infinite.
              And so be it.

Comment

Exactly!

Maybe the British Isles could morph into Melnibonأ©... or am I just conflating Melnibonأ© with Granbretan? :)

Ciao,
                Ant

Comment

Hmm......would the conents shift around, (moveing, rising up ect?) or would that indicate that it's somehow far in our distant future?
                  And so be it.

Comment

How about a roaring dragon in lieu of MGM's lion?

I had alway envisioned the opening credits with a zoom in from space,
                    over the sea, across Melnibone, into Imrryr - camera angle as if flying
                    on the back of a dragon, with the subtle beating of wings, maybe
                    even glimpses of the wyrm.

The wyrm settles, and the camera pans/zooms to the palace, through
                    the main doors, into the ballroom - the slave choir's singing starting dim
                    but getting louder as we approach the ballroom.

Zoom up the steps to the throne, and fix on Elric, head on hand ...

Maybe some narration during this opening.

Ian
                    Diplomacy: The ability to tell someone to
                    go to hell so that they will look forward to
                    making the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian

The wyrm settles, and the camera pans/zooms to the palace, through
                      the main doors, into the ballroom - the slave choir's singing starting dim
                      but getting louder as we approach the ballroom.

Zoom up the steps to the throne, and fix on Elric, head on hand ...

Maybe some narration during this opening.

Ian
                      Wow, I like the flying in on a the back of a dragon idea. =^x^=

playing on your idea...

narration (during the dragon flight opening): On the island kingdom of Melnibone all the old rituals are still observed, thought the nation's power has waned for five hundred years, and now her way of life is is mantained only by her trade witht he young kingdoms and the fact that the city of Imrryr has become the meeting place of merchants.
                      Are those rituals no longer usefull; can the rituals be denied and doom avoided?

:: The camra driffts over the dancing crowd, up the steps where a hand rests on an arm rest of the ruby throne. The white hand (With the Actorios ring on it.) rises to touch the dragon helm on his head. revealing his face ( In profile as he looks down at his dancingsubjects?) ::

Og, I'm getting too into this.....=OxO=
                      But it would be cool to see the begining of the moive start out like the book did as much as possiable.
                      And so be it.

Comment

I always envisioned the opposite for the opening sequence...that is to say, instead of starting wide and "zooming in" on Imryrr I would "zoom out" to slowly drift around the throne room.

The reason why I always thought this would be nice is because you could incorporate the imagry from the first paragraph of chapter one into the opening, "It was the colour of a bleached skull, his flesh...". Open as many of you describe, showing the world at large during the narration. Finally the scene ends while zooming in on a long vancant skull untill all you can see is the color. From there, zoom out and we discover that the color is a perfect match for color of Elric's skin as the camera widens and shows the doomed albino sitting on the Ruby Throne. From there it can then dance aound the audience chamber to show teh revelry that is taking place in contrast to the melancholy of the Emperor.
                        "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                        --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

[quote="EverKing"]I always envisioned the opposite for the opening sequence...that is to say, instead of starting wide and "zooming in" on Imryrr I would "zoom out" to slowly drift around the throne room.

I'd agree - I think that close ups on wildly circling dancing couples, showing off the opulence of the Melnibonian court, and the decedance/depravity(?) of its denzines would be best. However, I think that you might need a voice over to introduce things. Not quite usre how one would do this.

Comment

Working...
                          X