Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Just to clarify...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to clarify...

The other topic disappeared while I was posting to it! Spooky!!

[ahem]

Just to clarify: Is it okay if posters go a little bit off-topic in this section? Because the movie "hard news" thread is locked, and safe from our sticky fingers, right? So if someone wants to come along and suggest (against all logic and reason) that Audrey Tautou isn't "hot", this is where they do it now, yes?

Ah, nothing lasts forever, but the certainty of change...
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

I gotta assume since Berry has now created a special place for the armchair Moorcock fans to get their movie updates, we can still have our speculative conversations about the movie (however inane certain guests may find them) as we see fit.

And hey, at least we're giving what every anonymous flame-poster wants: undeserved attention.
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Yes, um, right, forgot to explain.

We aren't going to have those giant stay-on-topic threads any more. The threads can get huge, but we won't be managing them the way we were. You can go slightly off topic here. If you want to explore the career of one of the proposed actors, you can. Try to be focused in here on aspects of the movie and their related threads. But now you don't have to read through giant threads to get to a point. Let's face it, those threads ended differently than they began.

Anyway, I'll just kick movie threads into this forum from the Q&A as they pop up.
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Sounds like a plan, Berry. I just want to avoid an elitist attitute like that of the posters at MetaFilter and other similar sites, where if you say one tiny thing off topic, you're vilified and ridiculed (and sometimes banned). This place is supposed to be fun.
        "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
        --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

We've got a real oasis here. There is little trolling, spamming, antagonizing or real acrimony going here. Even the oddball posts are tolerable and mostly managable. I have had to eliminate a scintalla of what has been posted. Even when something was or going off topic, the worst anyone has endured was a nudge from someone wanting it to go back on topic, or a friendly, "Sorry to drive this back on topic," by me.

Even the hacking and service outages have subsided.
          The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

So, Berry, are you going to move all the older (& locked) movie threads here for ease of searching/reference? Including my [broken link]Elric Movie Casting Archive (please)?

And re your Status posting (apart from the typos... ): Is it right that Mike favours Jude Law? From trawling through the threads, he seems most recently to be favouring Paul Bettany... Did I miss something?

Suggestion: The Elric Movie link on left under Miscellany should link to this forum rather than just the Index posting.

Cheers,
            Ant
            Last edited by Rothgo; 04-08-2010, 01:56 PM.

Comment

There is a glitch that won't let me move them. That's the downside to this portal is that there are unexpected bugs all the time. An upgrade is no garuntee of a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                Is it right that Mike favours Jude Law? From trawling through the threads, he seems most recently to be favouring Paul Bettany... Did I miss something?
                Although Bettany was a strong favourite, Mike did indeed move towards Jude Law. I can't provide any evidence for that just now, but since I was in the Bettany camp, I remember the betrayal with a heavy heart. :(

Actually, that might just be indigestion...

PS. Hey, now we're off-topic for the thread, but on-topic for the section. Wacky.
                "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Maybe [broken link]this thread could be moved here... ?

Ciao,
                  Ant
                  Last edited by Rothgo; 04-08-2010, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X