Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Movie Status

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Movie Status

I haven't heard any recent news and am beginning to think Universal will drop the deal next year. This might be to the good in the long run. We'll see.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Latest Movie Update from Mike

No, Universal just signed for another 18 months and paid well for the privilege. I think Chris will re-engage with the project after Golden Compass publicity and so forth is done.
    Last edited by David Mosley; 08-01-2007, 11:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Latest update:
    Originally posted by Michael Moorcock on Feb 10, 2007
    I was, as it happens, talking to the producers only a week or so ago. Now that work is finished on The Golden Compass they're re-engaging rapidly, they said, with the Elric movie. We've changed approach once or twice as far as the production is concerned -- I think for the better. The 'fantasy noir' idea is paramount at the moment. I'm afraid I can't say much else at this stage, but we're still moving slowly ahead! There's no doubt that the relative failures of some over-budget fantasy movies like Riddick, Van Helsing, even Kong, made Universal take the movie off the front burner for a while, but since then they've had successes with dark, more thoughtful fantasy movies, including Pan's Labyrinth and Children of Men, which, in my view, Elric is closer to in mood.

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    started a topic Movie Status

Movie Status

Universal have picked up the rights again with a second payment! Hurrah!

Michael Moorcock favors Paul Bettany to be Elric.

Weitz Brothers have completed the script.

Mike is reading the script during the summer of 2005.

The draft script will have the Weitz's comments comments over the summer.

Chris Weitz created a mock up of Jude Law that Mike liked, but it hasn't been made public.
Working...
X