Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elric

Just watched the movie Bend It Like Beckham, mostly due to boredom (added to the fact that I think I would probably watch anything with whoever the main star is). I've never been a fan of soccer, so nothing about the movie grabbed me, at least until the credits and I noticed a name I recognized as being connected to the role of Elric; Jonathan Rys Myers (?) I believe he was listed as one of Mr Moorcock's top choices. Gotta say, he looks absolutely perfect ... physically I couldnt see there being a better choice. No idea what type of talent he has as an actor (didnt have much chance to showcase, and I didn't really pay much attention, anway), but he has that gaunt nobility about him. Basically, pretty, but with an unhealthy, almost strung out quality. Thoughts ?

Whoops

I'm new to this site, and didnt examine the page close enough. I'll post on the movie section. However, I have to say (in a statement that is probably only relevant to me), I would truely hate to see Vin Deisil as Elric... and I don't dislike him in any way.

Comment

Re: Elric

Originally posted by rekk
      Just watched the movie Bend It Like Beckham, mostly due to boredom (added to the fact that I think I would probably watch anything with whoever the main star is). I've never been a fan of soccer, so nothing about the movie grabbed me, at least until the credits ... (shortened quote)
      But BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM wasn't about soccer! At what time of the night did you see it? It was about growing up, about multi-racial societies, about defining one's own life, and it was an intelligent comedy. Maybe they censored all that and left only the soccer in it in the US out of political correctness?
      L'E
      Google ergo sum

Comment

It was cute, and the lead actress is gorgous. However, using soccer as a way to show a girl to a woman breaking the shackles of her society, and the battle within herself caused from its domination of her parents is cheesy. It was ok, but very cheesy. If I was to score it based on the style of movie it was, though, I guess its pretty good. And off the topic, I like American Pie. Everyone needs to relax and enjoy some intelligent, sometimes tasteless humor from time to time.

Comment

Hey
          How do I put up (upload) my
          own Avatar gif instead of
          a lame emoticon?

help! somebody !

(I'm a member, I can't log on right now
          I'm on my Mac and stuff doesn't work, but
          even on my PC I don't know what to do)

Comment

Working...
          X