Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Saw the prospective candidates for Elric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw the prospective candidates for Elric

I got to say Paul Bettany is the best. I don't know how tall he is (and after all Elric is pretty tall), but he's has more the face and attitude for it. Johnny Depp is too babyfaced. He could play Elric, when he is in need of "strength"

But please, oh, please, let somebody tell me that Elric won't be wearing a suit and tie!! It totally spoiled the effect on the poses! Elric is a warrior, not a businessman. :?

Yishana

I've seen an excellent version of Elric which Chris Weitz had done recently. It appears to be based on Jude Law and I must say it works very well indeed. Law isn't my first choice and he is, like most Hollywood actors, pretty short. Paul B is actually tall, but a bit ungainly (witness Wimbledon). That said both Chris and I are still interested in Paul B as a contender! The CGI Elric I saw gives him a good helmet and a suitable brooding look!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

most Hollywood actors, pretty short. Paul B is actually tall, but a bit ungainly (witness Wimbledon). That said both Chris and I are still interested in Paul B as a contender! The CGI Elric I saw gives him a good helmet and a suitable brooding look!
      I agree with the height of the average Hollywood actors. Why is that so? I could think of several people who are tall. I have always thought David Bowie would be the perfect Elric, but people say he's too old. Hollywood can definitely fix that! :D

Yea the helmet is important, too. But it can be made to fit.

Comment

I would say David Bowie. He's got the attitude the look and jut about everything but if I'm not mistaken Elric is in his 20s-30s throughout the series?? and Bowie's what in his 60s???

I think that's the only flaw I find in him...<.< I had two other favs though that I saw....

Comment

Originally posted by Steeplechaser
          I've seen an excellent version of Elric which Chris Weitz had done recently. It appears to be based on Jude Law and I must say it works very well indeed. Law isn't my first choice and he is, like most Hollywood actors, pretty short. Paul B is actually tall, but a bit ungainly (witness Wimbledon). That said both Chris and I are still interested in Paul B as a contender! The CGI Elric I saw gives him a good helmet and a suitable brooding look!
          I tend to associate Jude Law with Vassili Zaitsev.

[muttering under breath] "I've got to get a black sword."

Comment

Working...
          X