Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Spike Lee to direct Elric, heaven help us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spike Lee to direct Elric, heaven help us

I happened to be on google this evening seeking information on the status of the movie.Only to find a article from "Entertainment Weekly", only to read that "Spike Lee" is signed on to direct the Elric saga.Now gossip is gossip, though the article also states that "Michael Moorcock" is o.k. with this choice.Safe to say; let me impale myself now and get it over with! I can only hope this is just rumour and nothing more.For those interested in the article click on to google and write casting for Elric saga.The article is only a few topics down on the first page from google.Personally this is the worst choice the mind can imagine.Contraversal he is; though "CLINT OR RIDLEY SCOTT" he is definately not! If anyone is reading this, or can shed light on possiable paronia and hysteria please respond.THANKS P.S.MICHAEL thank you, currently I picked up "WIZARDRY AND WILD ROMANCE". It's very interesting and thought provoking!

It's a joke. the source is here

Comment

That's a funny joke. I'd like to see Spike do Jerry Cornelius though, that'd be freaking awesome!
      My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

HAHAHA! I cant imagine Spike Lee making a movie about the WHITEST fantasy character ever.

Comment

Obviously we are drifting apart more than I thought. Until now it was April 1st in Europa AND America for such jokes
          Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by Dead-Air
            That's a funny joke. I'd like to see Spike do Jerry Cornelius though, that'd be freaking awesome!
            I'd go with that. Or, the Elric sequel,

Stormbringer: It's Gotta Have Souls! :D

Comment

Originally posted by AndroMan
              Stormbringer: It's Gotta Have Souls!
              There was the Cloudhurler short story by someone with a Jimi incarnation of the EC. He could work that into a full movie. Prince could play the lead.

Comment

Originally posted by DiGiMac
                There was the Cloudhurler short story by someone with a Jimi incarnation of the EC. He could work that into a full movie. Prince could play the lead.
                Hendrix' white Fender Stratocaster, being the reincarnation of Stormbringer, which only he could play.

I really want to see this movie, now! :)

Comment

Originally posted by DiGiMac
                  That was by Tad Williams wasnt it? It was excellent, about some kid having an acid trip and meeting Elric. It was in 'Tales of the White Wolf' I believe.

Comment

Reading that article, it's pretty obvious it's satire. I mean...

Originally posted by fake article at thespoof.com
                    "First of all, only middle-aged nerds still know who Elric is," Couch said. "So let me tell you all about these books. Here you have the decadent, impotent white guy whose only power, the power to live, comes from a demonic black sword. I don’t have to tell you that the sword is a phallic symbol, do I? But the clincher is that the black sword enslaves his white master."
                    8O

Not to mention they claim Mike suggests Denzel for the role of Elric. :lol:

But is it good satire? Hmm. Not really, no.
                    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

I do remember there was some commotion caused by someone suggesting Cuba Gooding as Elric earlier last year.
                      Hmmm.
                      Google ergo sum

Comment

I just realized that I AM a middle-aged nerd 8O

Comment

Elric: Do the right thing (for the wrong reasons) (if your sword will let you) (and your patron doesn't answer your calls for aid)
                          "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by fake article at thespoof.com
                            "First of all, only middle-aged nerds still know who Elric is," Couch said.
                            Well, I'm not middle-aged.....
                            Arma virumque cano.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
                              Elric: Do the right thing (for the wrong reasons) (if your sword will let you) (and your patron doesn't answer your calls for aid)
                              HAHAHA LMAO! Dude, youve got a killer wit. I think wed be good friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X