Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

His Dark Materials delayed, what means that for Elric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His Dark Materials delayed, what means that for Elric?

Did anyone see the reports that the directer of the His Dark Materials films pulled out with the most flimsy excuse ever? *The cgi isnt advanced enough* Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa t! Has he not seen LOTR etc? I thought that he is one of the wietz brothers. Does that mean that the Elric films gonna come earlier? Or will it come when MM writes it. It dosnt sound promising. Though HDM is having a slump in production riveled only by a few, like superman.
    Perhaps theyre trying to get out of making the film.
    He says hes going to write though.

I hope the Elric film dosnt go the same way.

I know Chris Weitz and I suspect he decided against directing because he felt he couldn't do justice to the work as a director (he remains as writer). I haven't spoken to him about this in regard to Elric, but I know he seemed reluctant to direct himself. To be honest, I'm rather anxious to avoid cgi, as it stands, myself. I really don't like most of what it produces. About the only thing I've really liked is the griffon in the last Harry Potter books. But then, of course, I fell asleep in the LOTR movies, though I agree they were well ahead of other effects pictures.
    I held off for years selling the film rights to Elric because I didn't think effects had become malleable enough -- i.e. they couldn't be sufficiently controlled by a good director. That's why I was interested in Sky Captain, which seemed to be producing a new system. In the end it appears they resorted to cgi, but I liked the style of that movie (if not the script).

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Id be disapointed if the elric films etc didnt go ahead. The film world needs more fantasy.

I didnt like the look of sky captain, too gimmicky. Im quite sure it could have been a great film if done right, with no Jude Law. The floaty blurry people seamed silly. Imean, old films wernt meant to be soft.

Comment

I've not been to the cinema in about a year, but I'd go if there was an Elric film!

Comment

Working...
        X