Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Movie (Part III)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elric Movie (Part III)

In [link expired] Berry had explained the necessity of limiting threads to a certain number of pages.
    So here now is the third part of our most controversial, exciting, hair-raising, brain-racking and some times adrenalin or other hormones- production raising ELRIC MOVIE discussion.

Last actresses mentioned for the part of Cymoril were:

Aishwarya
    Bjork
    Salma Hayek
    Patricia Velasquez

and Robert Rodriguez (as director, of course)

Back to the old thread :arrow: [link expired]
    [/URL]
    Last edited by Reinart der Fuchs; 04-04-2010, 08:06 PM.
    Google ergo sum

Bjork would be much better employed in the roll of musician composer on the film. Her eerie arrangements and vocals would be excellent. She's still a very attractive woman, but she's no longer quite the pixie of her Sugarcube days. She's a full blowed woman now, with children by her side.

Ah! If only I'd caught that boat leaving for Iceland and headed for the fish canneries of Reykjavik, with my tenor sax strapped to my back, way back when I had the chance! Who knows what might have happened...

Comment

Originally posted by AndroMan
      Bjork ...
      She's still a very attractive woman, but she's no longer quite the pixie of her Sugarcube days. She's a full blowed woman now, with children by her side.
      I know, Andoman, but I suggested her, because I think I would prefer an actress who has a very "own character", something puzzlingly"out of this world" and who can act and isn't just a "beautiful". It needn't be her, but someone who's very different, one into whose eeriness you can project a lot.
      But maybe that's too "Art House" cinema thinking...

(Look, how Liv Tyler was a disappointment in LotR. She was a bomber in "Last Night at McCool's" though).
      Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
        ... an actress who has a very "own character", something puzzlingly"out of this world" and who can act and isn't just a "beautiful". It needn't be her, but someone who's very different, one into whose eeriness you can project a lot.
        But maybe that's too "Art House" cinema thinking...

What about Audrey Tatou? She was suitably lovely, pixie-like and wistful in Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amأ©lie Poulain (Amأ©lie) (2001). She's recently made another movie with the director, Jean-Pierre Jeunet , Un long dimanche de fianأ§ailles (A very Long Engagement) (2004). Jeunet would be another excellent possible for Director of the Elric movie. He's made some great off the wall movies.

And, what about Enki Bilal as a possible Art Director?

Comment

Liv, hmmm.... I think the problem was more to do with how little Arwen actually has to do in the books and increasing her roles in the movies - making her Xarwen, Warrior Princess was a huge mistake, thank god it stopped at FOTR... Otheriwse the romantic bits were ok....But that's only because I absolutely adore Hugo Weaving, and most of his scenes were with Liv :D

Hey, any parts for Hugo Weaving? - he'd make quite a good Sadric, as he's at the older part of the spectrum now... He made a good elf, nice and tall as well...Hmmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by AndroMan
            What about Audrey Tatou? She was suitably lovely, pixie-like and wistful in Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amأ©lie Poulain (Amأ©lie) (2001). She's recently made another movie with the director, Jean-Pierre Jeunet , Un long dimanche de fianأ§ailles (A very Long Engagement) (2004). Jeunet would be another excellent possible for Director of the Elric movie. He's made some great off the wall movies.

And, what about Enki Bilal as a possible Art Director?
            Oh, yes! Any time. I'll quote your suggestion with picture of Audrey Tatou so that we have the pleasure (mainly Deecrowseer and I, hehe) to see her image twice on this page!
            I just read today that she's starring in a new production "Mathilde" set in WW1 together with Jodie Foster! Let's see how she does in that. Because it is a bit difficult to "wipe away" the impression she left behind in "Amأ©lie".
            I wish her all luck that she succeeds and, hopefully, she becomes a contender for Cymoril. Finally, I suspect though, the decision will be something that has to do with the market value of a name in the US. They don't give a xrt*ez#jx, I fear, for our very European choices. Of course Michael will wrestle with them to reach a good compromise, yet I remain sceptical in face of box office pressures.

Oh, and here's another of Audrey:

Sorry, couldn't get them any smaller! I did it for Deecrowseer
            Google ergo sum

Comment

Oh, yes! Any time. I'll quote your suggestion with picture of Audrey Tatou so that we have the pleasure (mainly Deecrowseer and I, hehe) to see her image twice on this page!
              Salma Hayek... Audrey Tautou... you're spoiling me! :D

[Sigh] If I had to pick a motto in life, I think it would probably be: The brunetter, the better.

If not in this film, then Audrey might make an interesting Una in the Bastable trilogy... peut-أ?tre?

I just read today that she's starring in a new production "Mathilde" set in WW1 together with Jodie Foster! Let's see how she does in that. Because it is a bit difficult to "wipe away" the impression she left behind in "Amأ©lie".
              I think I'm right in saying, the film is called Un long dimanche de fianأ§ailles (A Very Long Engagement), as mentioned above by Androman. I'm very excited about this, and have to cross my fingers that it will reach my corner of the multiverse. (I think Mathilde is her character name, which may explain the confusion... if there was any)

I haven't seen any of her other films... not because I don't want to, but simply because they don't turn up here very often. It might be hard to separate her from the character that we know and love as Amأ©lie, but I'd rather see her try different projects than try to make Amأ©lie 2 [shudder]. Some critics referred to her new film as "Amأ©lie goes to war" which is rather insulting to all involved.

Sorry, couldn't get them any smaller! I did it for Deecrowseer
              Merci! Merci beaucoup!! Merci de la jolie dame!! :D
              "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Just going back to Bjork, she certainly can act very well. Did anyone see Dancer In the Dark? She was asolutely stunning in that film. I doubt she'd actually want to do anymore acting though. In one interview afterwards she stated that she feels far more comfortable creating music, and that acting felt, to her, like a muslim trying to be a sikh, or something.

Not the exact words, but the message was quite clear. Shame really.
                Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

My choices based partly on what I've heard so far:

Director: Weitz Bros. or Rodriguez
                  Score: Gabriel Yared and Farid Russlan
                  Concept Artists: Moebius and Amano
                  Elric: Vincent Cassel...until I see someone better
                  Yyrkoon: Michael Wincott or...Michael Wincott
                  Cymoril: Undecided, NOT Bjork though she may act well she doesn't look
                  the part :/

PS: I have the ultra-rare OST for the Enki Bilal film 'Immortel'...along with music composed by Yared, Russlan and many others in case anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Athenys
                    PS: I have the ultra-rare OST for the Enki Bilal film 'Immortel'...along with music composed by Yared, Russlan and many others in case anyone is interested.
                    You bet I am.
                    Cassel, yeah. Maybe you get a nice price if you cast monica bellucci to play Cymoril. she's a better actress than the ones we suggested before. mmm, no. doesnt look the part.
                    Bilal or moebius sound fine, too. or caza. hmmm.

Comment

LOL. I had that same thought, a '2 for 1 special'...I never thought
                      Mrs. Cassel would make a convincing Cymoril, she doesn't look the part. But maybe she could play Zarozinia or some other character though...as for the music you can email me for more details.

Comment

Okay, since we are talking about pretty Brunettes...

What about Kristin Kreuk? She's been doing lots of teenage angsty stuff on Smallville lately, and because she is half Chinese (and half Dutch) she certainly has an exotic look that may break the standard Western mould.

I really liked the idea brought up in the thread about 15 pages or so ago about the mixed ethnicity of the Melnibonأ©ans, and this would, I think, be a perfect example of this.

http://www.hapimeses.com/chat/KK.bmp

Hell, to take it further, why not make Yyrkoon black, or Japanese (although I do love Michael Wincott, but he just seems too old - I recently reread the book again and Yyrkoon oozes youthly arrogance, it would almost be a shame to make him the older, more experienced, party in the Cymoril-Elric-Yyrkoon triangle).

Anyway, back to Kristen:

http://www.hapimeses.com/chat/KK2.bmp

Her imdb page is here (where I just found out she is in Earthsea - that went under my geek-radar) and she is certainly a better choice than Bjork, who, to me, would be like choosing a fat elf.

Anyway, I'm off to do the dishes and make some sweet potato mush for my daughter.

:D

H.
                        Hapimeses.com

Comment

*looks shamefaced*

Anyone tell me why the image tags didn't work above?

I'll fix 'em if somone tells me.

:(

Thanks.

H.
                          Hapimeses.com

Comment

Meh, Kristin may be a hottie, but she can't act for toffee. Ooh, I rhymed!

Audrey is a good thought - esp. going by that second piccie - looks a little less... Amelie-ish there.
                            Arma virumque cano.

Comment

Hapimeses, you and I seem to think alike in some respects...beat ya to it! Hehe, I too mentioned Cymoril/Kristin Kreuk back in this thread:

[broken link]

That makes two :lol:!

PS. Maybe you have HTML disabled in your forum profile settings :? ?
                              Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X