Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Movie

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    jude law wouldn't be able to essay that broodingness - he's just too pretty. johnny depp would be perfect. he's capable of anything... for instance saving pirates of the carribean from bruckheimer hell.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Christian Bale as Elric?

Hey CheshireCat, do your thing with Christian Bale and see how it looks. I think he'd make a great Elric, he's got it all with acting ability, athleticism, and the voice.

MM, any chance he's available?

Leave a comment:

• ElricMovie
    replied
    LAW for Elric Movie

Elric can be none other than Jude Law.....if available of course. Its the most obvious choice in our universe!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I haven't read all posts so forgive me if i repeat something but i heard a rumor about jude law playing elric and i absolutely love the idea!
    He is a great actor in my opinion and has the right looks too..Can't think of anyone better at the moment...someone also mentioned jennifer connely for cymoril and I agree with that as well!
    Catherine Zeta Jones for Myshella sounds awful, sorry :?
    Are there any ideas on who should play Arioch? :)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You know I d have to disagree with you about Sean Bean being a MoonGlum. Although he is a well seasoned actor and just hasn t got the role he deserves I believe he could take the leading role as as Elric and perhaps him being a sort of unknown actor might give him a edge. He has the Sword expertise and the ability as shown in Troy and LOTR and he also has the ability to play a bad guy( Golden Eye and the Tom Clancey Movies as well as the new one with Nicholas Cage) So in my opinion there are a few actors out there who could surpass him to suit the Role of Elric. Check out his eye brows in this picture and the look on his face suits that of wolf like qualities < img src="http://www.compleatseanbean.com/mainsharpepic.jpg">or check this forum on page 22

However it is in my opinion Paul Bettany would fit Elric s Characteristics to the T and would be the best choice and Jude Law next , but lets face it Jude Law has been very active lately with new releases such as Sky Captain and is becoming a more popular name so more than likely he will refuse this role.

As for the part of Moonglum a short little red head with a crooked smile I say give Seth Green a shot at a more serious rold and have him take up sword play He would be a fine speciman for Moonglum

Theleb K'aarna lets face it Stuart Townsend would be awsome someone like him with a prithy little go tee and moustach would be perfect to suit the role of Queen Yishana's conqubine

Rackhir should be Taye Diggs because of his hawk nose like and facial features. I m not sure of how good a actor he is but based on looks and my personna of the book he would do well as the red archer and priest of Phum
    Myshella should be a definate Catherine Zeta Jone I mean come on who else could do a Emperess of the Dawn as she

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    lakers

Christopher Walken as Lord Arioch. sweet.

:)

Leave a comment:

• Pellaz
    replied
    Hmmm, I have to say, Paul Bettany looks pretty good there. Better than I'd have expected. And he's a great actor; if you've seen Master and Commander you've seen some good work.

This is a heady discussion for me. For almost twenty years I've gone back and forth with friends debating "Who shall play the Sad Prince, Elric of Melnibonأ©?".......and now it comes to it, and it's gonna be a reality. :D

Leave a comment:

• CheshireCat
    replied
    I've been following here for quite some time now, ever since i heard of the coming Elric movie i was excited like Stormbringer itself before a battle.
    every time some one offered an actor for the role of Elric i rushed to look for that person's pictures.. and i must say, i got a sour face every time. :roll: it's obvious that no one could ever be a perfect Elric, but some are less than others.
    but reading Enonimis's reply here gave me an idea, so i decided to take some of the ppl's offers for a future Elric here and try give them an 'Elric metamorphosis'.

now these are quite crude, and i made them just to see if those ppl can have the 'Elric look', and the remarks reflect my opinion alone, regardless of their acting skills and all that :P

Here we have Paul Bettany the red eyed albino. in my opinion, he lacks the delicacy to be a Melnibonean, he has too much of that 'punk' look in him. he might be a good cave man shaman or whatever :? , but a prince of Melnibone he isn't.

2nd is James Masters, in a fine outfit of lack of natural pigment. now this guy could be ok, if he didn't have such a big head and a common bandit's look. his face just doesn't reflects that Elric finesse to me.

Surprisingly, Orlando Bloom doesn't look too bad as the white wolf, specially when he does that "i'm so devious" look. too bad he's not much of an actor though. :?

that was fun :) . i'm willing to make some more photo manipulations if anyone suggests a 'worthy' candidate. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    I'm sure Arioch himself won't mind, if we could just summon him once more to this mortal plane.

Now how'd that summoning go again???

:?

Leave a comment:

• McTalbayne
    replied
    yeah, i dont see Gary Oldman as Arioch. Maybe as ONE of his forms, but not as the one which is prominent throughout the books, namely the Beautiful youth. Id go with Hillary Duff....

Im just kidding, i cant think of anyone to play Arioch actually.

Leave a comment:

• Enonimis
    replied
    Gary Oldman as a beautiful youth.... sorry can't see it. And I don't think MM want's any actor sharing with LOTR, so Sean Bean is pretty much out.

~Enon

Leave a comment:

• Millosh_024
    replied
    It's kinda irritating to read all this talk about the movie and yet it is going nowhere for a thousand pages. Not only this talk but the realization of the movie itself. I first heard that the movie has been suggested about...oh, a year or so ago. LOTR has been realized quite fast compared how this is starting. Still,I am glad that it is being considered. It's better than nothing. I've recently just finished my...third I believe....reading of the saga. The images are quite strong and whenever I read it it's always...the dominant color is gray. Quite moody and clashing with the stuff of chaos which is kida a mixed and twisted rainbow of sorts. I cannot but shiver when imagining how it will/would look on screen. Anyway,apropo the actors... of the top of my head...Edward Norton as Elric....he COULD pull it off. The man hasn't repeated himself once so far in the movies and fantasy is about the only ganre he hasn't tried.. Then again...he might be too short...in which case Jude Law would be good....or maybe he could be D.Slorm...the two of them as brothers would be quite a pair. Moonglum would suit Sean Bean well. He played Boromir in LOTR and Odiseyus in Troy. I see him as a perfect Moonglum. Cymoril...maybe Angelina Jolie? And Arioch has to be Gary Oldman! ;o) (or is it the other way around?! ;op)

Leave a comment:

• McTalbayne
    replied
    Originally posted by TheEighthSon
    He played someone's mad sister??? 8O

Oh, wait... :?

Never mind... :lol:
    Haha, thats pretty funny. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    He played someone's mad sister??? 8O

Oh, wait... :?

Never mind... :lol:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Joaquin Pheonix has been suggested and he'd get my vote...

Though he's already done the whole "mad-sister-fancying-emperor" thing in Gladiator so he may not do it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X