Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Movie

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    I just wanna watch it, that's all. It's not too much to ask, is it? I mean, really, I wanna watch it. It doesn't matter who's in it in the end, it'll still be good. Alls I wanna do is watch it. I wanna. I wanna. I wanna. I WANNAWANNAWANNAWANNAWANNA!!!!!

Ahem... The stress kinda got ahold of me there. Sorry.

Still, the underlying sentiment is perfectly valid in it's 'wanna'ness.

I wanna watch it.

:roll:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I picture Yyrkoon as a kind of Adonis figure; a young man with only a couple of years on Elric, huge in stature, not quite enough muscle bulk to slow him down, driven by testosterone and vanity; Elric's antithesis if you will.

I think Wincott (if I have put the correct face to the name) is a bit leathery looking to play a melnibonأ©an.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Wolf
    replied
    Tim Roth

I thought Tim Roth would have the acting ability to pull off Elric. Have you seen him in Rob Roy? I definitely think that Michael Wincott would make an excellent Yyrkoon.

Leave a comment:

• Alexa
    replied
    Re: lakers

Originally posted by kanoa7
    Christopher Walken as Lord Arioch. sweet.

:)
    Well, maybe, but.. isn't Arioch supposed to look like a young man?

Leave a comment:

• Athenys
    replied
    How droll :lol: 8) :roll: ... but seriously short OF surgery and using a synthespian I think type-casting (particularly for non-humans) should be handled a little more carefully than in past 'Fantasy' films ...surely THAT'S not too much to ask for, eh?

Leave a comment:

• DiGiMac
    replied
    Would anyone here be prepared to undergo the body mods to achieve perfect Elricness for the film?
    We could all vote on each phase of the surgery.

Leave a comment:

• Athenys
    replied
    Melniboneans are decidedly NOT human-looking...and with all due respect Jude Law looks far too much like a pretty short-faced, snub-nosed human to fit the role of Elric. NO amount of cosmetic artistry can possibly change that enough. It is a terrible choice as far as Melnibonean facial features are concerned...along with pretty much all the other actors suggested so far. The BEST example of what he should look like, is the statue designed by Yoshitaka Amano(there are many photos of it in the gallery). 3D CG or even Ghost In The Shell caliber anime would work best, but if Live Action is what they are going to do...they need to find a relatively unknown actor of some skill that possesses far more exotic angular 'elvish' features. These could be enhanced with makeup and prosthetic (ears) making 'Elric' look properly Melnibonean and one may argue, Lupine as well. Needless to say finding people with the ideal type for Melniboneans is not going to be an easy task...even the majority of so-called elves in LOTR STILL looked too human. The last thing we need is another Spock wannabe...

Leave a comment:

• Danisty
    replied
    I just saw Equilibrium a couple of weeks ago and decided Christian Bale would make an excellent Elric.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Julian Sands...hands down. He isn't THAT old.

Leave a comment:

• PoisonArrow
    replied
    No comments in regard to my thoughts about what the look of Stormbringer should be in the movie?

Leave a comment:

• Poetgrrl
    replied
    Re: lakers

Originally posted by kanoa7
    Christopher Walken as Lord Arioch. sweet.
    :)
    oh.
    my.
    god.

THAT WOULD ROCK!!!

eh... any spot for Gary Oldman as Yyrkoon? *hopeful*

Leave a comment:

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    Yeah, that does rankle just a bit... Doesn't even mention it as a 'work in progress' or 'upcoming project' for the Weitszeses either...
    I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE MY HEAD IS GONNA EXPLODE!!!!!!! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Pellaz
    replied
    ...And it's still not listed on IMDB.com, which is....irksome.

Half my friends still don't believe me when I tell them about it.

Leave a comment:

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    Can someone update us with its status?
    It's in the works.

Hope that helps. :lol:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Bump

This thread is nearly a year without action.

I just heard this movie mentioned on public radio as part of a fantasy film renaissance.

Can someone update us with its status?

Pairustwo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X