Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Movie

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Even if Bloom were a good actor, he'd be a bad choice. If people saw him playing Elric, they might think the film had something to do with LOTR, or was an LOTR rip-off. It's best, I think, to differentiate the films as much as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Anyone would be a better bet than Orlando Bloom, judging by what I've seen of his acting.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    No doubt that Universal will want a big name to play Elric. Perhaps Johnny Depp would be a better bet than Orlando Bloom?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I suspect that Universal will want a 'name' for Elric, given the investment they're prepared to put in to the project!

Leave a comment:

• legion505
    replied
    i think i probably mentioned this under a different name, but im still sure davey havok, lead singer of afi ( a fire inside ) would be perfect elric. if anyones seen any of the afi videos, they would know how moody he appears.

Leave a comment:

• lordmarioh
    replied
    I still believe an unknown actor will do a better Elric than a known one. But I do believe too that a good makeup could do the "unkown actor" trick.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I'm afraid Orlando Bloom might be mentioned. So far I've not seen any
    sign of his being able to act. I've already mentioned Pirates of the Caribbean elsewhere, I think. He has the ears for it and maybe the hair, but that's about it. Elric has to have a brooding quality to him which I suspect Jack Ryder could do, but it's true we haven't had a chance to see him in anything deeper than East Enders. I'll try to find the efanguide site. I haven't seen The Knight's Tale but I've heard very good things about it. I'll have a look at that first chance I get.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    :twisted:

Hello michael,

Not sure if he has his own site,i tried efanguide.com and theres info on him there. You may have seen him in Gangster No1,Beautiful minds and he played chaucer in A Knights tail.

regards

Leave a comment:

• Caladus
    replied
    I've no idea what Jack has been up to since eastenders but I'm not sure he has the range for a character like Elric. It could well be a role that would make him but it could also destroy the movie.

How long before hollywood suggests Orlando Bloom for the role? Good thing? Bad thing?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Thanks, son. All suggestions gratefully received. Does he, like my own favourite for the moment Jack Ryder, have a site of his own ?

Leave a comment:

• son_of_arioch
    replied
    :twisted:

Hello Michael,
    Like all of us we are hanging on for any info on the Elric saga movies. I dont know if youve an idea or even picked someone to play the part of Elric,but may I make a suggestion of the english actor Paul Bettany. Im not a relation or anything like that,but think he would be perfect for they part,and would like to know your thoughts?

Kind Regards

Son of Arioch

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Sorry, I didn't respond to Anonymous.
    It will be a long while before we get to the stage of casting ANYONE,
    including extras. I have an idea about that which I'll put to the
    Weitz brothers once we get further along.
    Watch this space.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Well, we're going to do our best! It will mean compressing the earlier books so that we can plan a trilogy. It will be possible to make other movies, much as I went back and wrote 'prequels' to the original stories.
    But we mean to keep the basic stuff the same. Hope you won't be disappointed. Hope I won't be for that matter. I must say working with the Weitz brothers makes me think it has the best shot of turning out to be what it should be.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Music for the film

M. Moorcock

Are you still in the Texas area? I am completely amazed to have had my intuitive thoughts answered by this website. Paul Jackson's rendering of Lord of the Rings was a cinematic triumph in the respect that a door was bulldozed open in regard to fantasy cinema on a grand scale. With all of its technological abundance it still lacked depth. Elric is the be all to end all of depth. Layers upon layers interacting simultaneously. A masterpiece that redefined the genre much like Jimi Hendrix redefined the guitar. This is not just another set of novels (nor was Lord of the Rings for that matter).
    Will the music include Hawkwind or Deep Purple? I am beside myself with enthusiasm. But I have my reservations with Hollywood. I hope that no corners are cut. I hope that this is the movie that actually jumps straight out of the book. I wish you and the Weitz brothers the best.
    Thank you for making this possible.

WOW,
    JB 8O

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I know that this will probably sound rediculous, but I've read as many of the EC books as I could get my hands on and would ABSOLUTELY love to be a part of the movie. I'd be happy just to be a barbarian extra! Do you know who I should talk to or send photos to? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X