Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Movie

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• devilchicken
    replied
    My big question is, who'd play Moonglum?
    Bob Hoskins!

Leave a comment:

• Valandar
    replied
    Maybe Ben Kingsley could be Tanglebones?

My big question is, who'd play Moonglum?

Leave a comment:

• Athenys
    replied
    I always pictured Yyrkoon looking a lot like Ben Cross:

Of all the actors I know of Vincent Cassel most resembles Elric:

So if live actors must be used Michael...I nominate those two :D !

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I'd wondered about Vin Diesel as Yyrkoon but the lack of success of Riddick probably doesn't make him Universal's favourite actor at the moment. I'd like Ben Kingsley to be in there, somewhere. Simon Russell Beale was my first choice for Yyrkoon, but I don't know if he wants to do movies at all.

Leave a comment:

• omgnoway
    replied
    LOL I know I know..everyone thinks Culkin and pictures a kid with his hands around his face. He's had his share of troubles and troublemaking but he's grown up quite well and can pull off some very emotional roles. Now if he just had a little more "beef" to his bod...

Leave a comment:

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    "Oh no, my lover got turned into a giant worm-thing!
    (Clasps hands to face in shock)
    AaAAAaaaaaaaaaAAAaaaaaaaaaa"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Leave a comment:

• devilchicken
    replied
    I think if Macauley Culkin got cast that would take some serious getting used to!

Paul Bettany is ok - he does have a bit more range than a lot of the talent we see on the big screen. Who would play Yrrkoon then, assuming of course that he is in the script? My money would be on someone like Joaquin Phoenix.

Leave a comment:

• omgnoway
    replied
    I will have to look up who "Bettany" is (dont laugh! :P ).

As far as the Cymoril role (an old screen name too, as with many)...lol...I'll fight ya for it, MissDreamy. Hehe..really...I'm getting all excited about the thing, really. I can't WAIT to see the flick now...this will rank up there with LOTR, Harry Potter and Farscape suspense.

Whoohoo! I get all shaky jus' thinkin about it!

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    You don't think the Wombles did any tarnishing, then ?
    My understanding is that Wimbledon is a Britpic, like Notting Hill.
    God knows what they've done to the common. Parts of NH were shot in my old back yard, before it filled to the brim with nouveaux riches and media/political wankers. It's not just Hollywood that ruins the old neighbourhood... :)

Leave a comment:

• MissDreamy
    replied
    Of course! I heartily agree. Looks aren't the be-all (although it does seem the case in many examples :roll: ) I haven't seen Wimbledon, had no desire to, not even out of curiosity as I was born in good old Wimbers and in no way see its good name tarnished by Hollywood :lol:

Good news on the script front, end of the year eh? :D

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    To me acting skills are as important as appearance, so Bettany continues to remain my favourite. If he survives Wimbledon with a career intact, that is!
    Yes, the movie is still moving forward. There was an interruption for the elections, but Chris and Paul are back on the script and say I should be seeing something by the end of the year.

Leave a comment:

• MissDreamy
    replied
    For me, the perfect image, which most closely resembles my Elric, is Gould version found on the cover of the UK 'Elric of Melnibone'

The picture is utter perfection... 8O The cold, beautiful face...The EYES.. oh my God, the eyes are just spot on. I remember flicking to the cover every five minutes after reading a particularly good section to drool :oops:

I think that you said in another thread omgnoway that you had a picture of Elric beside your bed. This is my choice!! :)

Now show me the actor who can look like THAT :D

Coming back to the real world with a thud though, I'd have to choose Paul Bettany or Christian Bale. Jude Law's a beauty, but he's not quite...hmm..vulpine enough? Maybe Arioch as someone has suggested. I'm still wondering who would make a good Cymoril, apart from myself of course :lol:

MD

Leave a comment:

• omgnoway
    replied
    I jsut read Barry's post up top with the pic...and yeah..I think I could subsitiute Mr Culkins or Mr Thewlis's face in place (with proper makeup, of course) and both would fit well. I havent read through this entire thread. IS this thing REALLY going to take flight or are we all kinda just supposing and hoping? I will add this thread to my list of reading and catching up : )

Leave a comment:

• omgnoway
    replied
    Haha...I am almost afraid to say it...it seems almost blasphemous but...I was watching that movie Saved last night (eh, it was allright) and it hit me...omg...here goes....two names

Macaulay Culkin
    David Thewlis

I don't know if there is a need for a "younger" or "older" Elric (did he age...I don't think so but yeah...I needa go back n read it all again:) but those two...younger or older...I think would do well, both in the looks department and acting.

Maybe I need to go back and read the books again (well, of course!) but it seems I remember that Elric was not the buff pretty boy type but sickly, weak and ill most of the time (except when Stormbringer "fed" so to speak).

I'm prolly "really gonna hear it" from you guys on this one but..eh...strange as it may sound those are the first folks I could come up with that I would be comfortable seeing in the role.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Berry,

You hit the nail on the head! I couldn't have said it better myself. Out of all the representations of Elric, I find Michael Whelan's art for Elric at the End of Time the one I associate the most with. Hopefully they can find an unknown who can represent something similar to this painting. I also hope for a great and memorable soundtrack. My vote is for Vangelis who seems to always come through with something memorable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X