Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Movie

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enonimis
    replied
    I hate "comic releif" in films. Such as Dungeons and Dragons.... damn that movie was ruined by the comic releif....

~Enon

Leave a comment:

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    "EEEEHhhh!!! I'm not fat, I'm big boned!!! You will respect mah authoritaihhh!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    One thought regarding The 'Glum.

People seem to make the connection of "short and stocky" to "fat".

Is he ever described as a wobblebottom in the books? I get the sinking feeling he'll end up as an out and out comic relief character.

Leave a comment:

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    Could definitely do worse than Marc Dacasco. He'd certainly be able to handle the physical aspects of the role! Just depends on how much 'conventional' acting skills he has. I loved the films I've seen him in, but I watch them for the chop-socky kung fu stuff, so...

Leave a comment:

• DeeCrowSeer
    replied
    Re: Cast to consider

Originally posted by Roland
    Adrian Brody (uhhh...)--Moonglum or Corum
    I recently saw Brody in a comedy called Dummy, and I agree that he would make quite a cheery Companion. The film also stars Milla Jovovich, and I was just thinking that she might make quite a good "androgynous" Arioch. No? Just me then.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Cast to consider

Here are some cast members to consider.
    Mark Dicasco (Brotherhood of the Wolf)--Elric
    Adrian Brody (uhhh...)--Moonglum or Corum
    Tom Jane (Punisher)--Hawkmoon

And the Elric charater would be played by someone who is already
    familiar with an American Indian role.

Leave a comment:

• Pellaz
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    As I keep saying -- Paul Bettany has the right looks, physique AND, most importantly, theatrical training. I continue to root for him.
    I'm rootin' right alongside ya, pard. :D

Speaking of Bettany/Dr. Maturin, did you ever get a chance to read that copy of Master and Commander I had sent to ya, several years ago? :)

Leave a comment:

• devilchicken
    replied
    Indeed - and more than one movie perhaps!

Is there a shortlist for Arioch? - doubtless that will be quite a challenging role to take on.

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    No Moonglum in the first movie, just as there isn't in the first stories.
    But Rakhir's worth thinking about. His role will be larger in the first movie. As will Yishana's.
    BOOYAH! Talk about developments. Woot woot!

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    No Moonglum in the first movie, just as there isn't in the first stories.
    But Rakhir's worth thinking about. His role will be larger in the first movie. As will Yishana's.

Leave a comment:

• Valandar
    replied
    But what about Moonglum, the REAL star of the series? :D

And Rakhir the Red Archer?

Leave a comment:

• Kitsune
    replied
    I have to agree with the last half of this statement (not that I disagree with the first, I just don't know Paul Bettany well enough to comment) looks can be altered with makeup and CGI, and Elric is going to require some cosmetics anyway, so acting ability should be the primary concern.

Just adding my 2 yen.
    As I keep saying -- Paul Bettany has the right looks, physique AND, most importantly, theatrical training. I continue to root for him.
    [/b]

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Athenys
    replied
    Hey Daniel Day-Lewis had enough sense to turn down the role of Aragorn for LOTR...so maybe he is the kind of actor that wouldn't mind staring in a 'counter-production' of sorts ...but I still think Cassel looks more the part...AND can do psycho ala Stormbringer very well.

Well as long as they don't try to cast DiCaprio for Yyrkoon I'll be happy.
    Ben Cross all the way...NOT DiCaprio, Cruise, Pitt, OR Law... 8O ! ...it's too horrible to contemplate *sobs*

Leave a comment:

• devilchicken
    replied
    Well as long as they don't try to cast DiCaprio for Yyrkoon I'll be happy.

He had a brief moment of inspiration in Romeo and Juliet, but he stank in everything since then, and especially Gangs of New York.

Speaking of which - wouldn't Daniel Day Lewis be a good choice for a role? If he still does movies of course - last I heard he'd given up the acting business to make shoes in Italy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X