Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Movie

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

preproduction?

Michael,
    Has the movie gone into preproduction yet?

I'd like to appy as an conceptual artist!

--Jer

Comment

Not yet. Watch this space. It will be a while yet. At some stage I'll post where people who want to work on the movie can apply directly to the production company.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Thanks so much! I would be a dream come true.

I love this site! I will be on here everyday!!!!!

Comment

I agree that Stormbringer, which is the dramatic climax of the Elric series really has to make it to the big screen, however it could be 5 years or more until Stormbringer is filmed. One solution might be to do what Lucas did when he filmed Star Wars episode 4 first.

Comment

arg, jus thinkin about this movie makes me excited!
            i dont know many people who have read your books, but this movie is going to make a lot more people more conscious of your work, and just how much youve done.
            i will be the first in line around here when this movie comes out. trust me :P

Comment

Originally posted by Corum
              I agree that Stormbringer, which is the dramatic climax of the Elric series really has to make it to the big screen, however it could be 5 years or more until Stormbringer is filmed. One solution might be to do what Lucas did when he filmed Star Wars episode 4 first.
              Caveat:
              If Elric movies are done like Star Wars, they may end up being as shitty as those Star Wars movies have become!

Comment

Perhaps you are right. Although I only meant that the films do not have to follow in strict sequence. I would also like Mike to be able to contribute as much as possible to the Stormbringer film, which he may be less able to do in 5 years or so.

Re: Star Wars, my problem may be that I tend to only see the good points in creative works and I remember that the films were entertaining in quite a few ways at that time they were released.

Comment

Originally posted by Corum
                  Perhaps you are right. Although I only meant that the films do not have to follow in strict sequence. I would also like Mike to be able to contribute as much as possible to the Stormbringer film, which he may be less able to do in 5 years or so.

Re: Star Wars, my problem may be that I tend to only see the good points in creative works and I remember that the films were entertaining in quite a few ways at that time they were released.
                  How many Elric films are there going to be? If 3, then they should be made simillarly to how LOTR was done. Those couldn't be done any better than P. Jackson. That is arguable, true. But not in terms of how much money it has made and is making. That's the bottom line really when it comes to movies.
                  As you probably know, all 3 LOTR flims were principally shot over the span of a year continuously. A daunting task, but look how successful it turned out. Eliminated a lot of variables that could have gone wrong. ie. long delays between films; actors dying; actors becoming too old to reclaim their roles.

Comment

Are you sure that the filming of all three LOTR films was completed in a year?! I guess cinematography must haved moved on a little in the last few years.

Comment

Yes, all priciple photography what done in about a year or maybe a few months more. Multiple locations were shot simultaneously.
                      But that does not include additional shoots that were done in post-production.
                      The Battle of Helm's Deep scene alone took an entire month to shoot.
                      Most movies are shot within 3 months I believe.

LOTR production started as early as 1997, and the first film wasn't released until 2001. Jackson has spent a large chunk of time and life devoted to those movies.

All you have to do is watch the documentaries that are included in all the LOTR DVDs for this info.

Comment

Just so y'all know,
                        Every actor in the LOTR movies wore wigs or some kind of prosthetic.
                        I recall Michael writing that Orlando Bloom has the right kind of hair, but
                        Orlando has dark brown hair. He's wearing a wig. The hair-piece technology nowadays is really good. Also he has brown eyes-- they were
                        digitally colored blue in post-production.

--Jer

Comment

I am desperate to see Corum made. I am excited to think that we'll see him in The Vanishing Tower sequence. I'd love to see Hawkmoon made and wouldn't be disappointed if it turned out a lot like Brasil. Gritty and hopeless. The Black Pearl from POTC sort of funtions as a spoiler for me in terms of Elric on the Chaos ship. Arioch is sure to be impressive. I hope we all get cast into Nodsokor (sp?). I hope they do a CG of Whiskers. A cat with wings: I have yet to see a decent drawing. Just imagine the sequences that await us. Cymoril's death, the attacks in the maze, Rakhir. Mournblade! Imrryr in flames! This could go on forever! I hope they find an actor that can make Elric seem cruel and ruthless too. We all were born at the right time.
                          The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

As I've said elsewhere, let's hope Vin Diesel has a success with Chronicles of Riddick and wants to make Corum some time! I really enjoy his work in things like Pitch Black and would be glad to see him back in more demanding roles than, for instance, The Fast and the Furious.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                            The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                            Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                            The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                            Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

I have started to watch POTC about three times and fell asleep within minutes and I dont know why. I suspect its because I felt it was a copy of so many other ideas, such as that ship for instance and that since it wasnt the genuine article it just didnt interest me. I have the same problem with Hawkwind sounding rock bands...

I dont think I imagined Vin Diesel as Corum himself, I was thinking of a younger, less macho figure than the character he plays in Pitch Black. Possibly a younger version of Hugo Weaving who plays Elrond? I am probably being influenced by those huge Corum posters I used to own by Rodney Mathews. Again, probably someone unknown might be best.

Comment

Dammit! I'm racking my brain
                                an can't figure out what POTC is
                                y'all have been mentioning.
                                Please enlighten me, and forgive
                                my ignorance :(

Comment

Working...
                                X