Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Movie

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bob-e-bane
    replied
    Paul Bettany!

I love the idea of Paul Bettany playing the Elric role. Even Jude Law would do great. All this talk of Edgar Winter and Jeremy Irons ? Acting is a discriminating business. What are these guys? 60? To even mention them seems asinine. Plastic surgery or albinoism? Completely unnecassary. Good old Hollywood magic and a strong performance will suffice.
    I love Christopher Walken as an actor, but Arioch (in one of his forms) was youthful and beautiful much like the Italian Actress that played Satan in �Passion of the Christ.’ God’s most beautiful angel. Hard to look at, and even a bit androgynous.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Production Studio

O.K. so we narrowed down the lead role to Betthany or Cassel. Now we need a kick butt production crew and special effects team. So how's about the producers of the movie THE CELL? Certainly it was very Elricish at times. Gothic, gorry,...especially when the villain sat upon the throne. So they can do Elric right but its all up to Mikey...(hint hint)

FOR ASHNAR!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I was a lot more in sympathy with the Winters before they got into Scientology and then later tried to sue Joe Lansdale for his homage to them in a graphic novel. Uncool, to say the least. I can't play my Winters records any more. I just get depressed.

Leave a comment:

• Hans von Hammer
    replied
    "Good morning little School Girl... HAVE AT THEE! BLOOD AND SOULS FOR ARIOCH!"
    heh.

sorry, couldnt help ...

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    Originally posted by Hans von Hammer
    What about actors who really have albinism? I cant remember any, but surely there must be some...
    I keep thinking of Johnny and Edgar Winter. Johnny especially, would definitely have been a shoo in for the part on looks.

Unfortunately, I think they may be getting on a bit to play Elric.

Leave a comment:

• Hans von Hammer
    replied
    What about actors who really have albinism? I cant remember any, but surely there must be some...

Leave a comment:

• devilchicken
    replied
    Or Jonathan Rhys Meyers - for looks certainly. He might be a bit too young and inexperienced to take on a leading role, but who knows?

Bettany is a solid choice though - I think he has the potential to carry it off.

Leave a comment:

• Athenys
    replied
    Vincent Cassel does resembles the elric i had in my mind, at least in the pic posted some posts ago...
    As far as looks he is my first choice. Paul Bettany is a good actor but then again so is Cassel...

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    So that's Paul Bettany! I saw 'Master and Commander' on DVD this autumn and it blew me away! It was the goods and no mistake, guv'nor.

Bettany would be great as Elric.

Leave a comment:

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    Gwyneth Bloody Paltrow
    ? 8O

Leave a comment:

• xidrep
    replied
    I have the horrible feeling it might be:

Moonglum - Danny DeVito
    Elric - Either that actor wot played the poncey Elf Legless or whatever it is out of LOTR (God! Horror!) or Gwyneth Bloody Paltrow (dubbed - or maybe not)
    Music: Busted
    Nihrain Steeds supplied by that old black & white Eastern European (dubbed) series '(Oh) White Horses' that used to be on Saturday mornings in the mid-'seventies.
    I just hope Mr M gets script editing rights on the writing. Must be well traumatic seeing how your original work could be fiddled wiv...? :roll:

Leave a comment:

• Hans von Hammer
    replied
    My first time here, so... Hi everyone...
    It is an honor to write here...

Been an avid reader of Elric's saga for some time now, and, i am aroused by the fact that a movie is being made.

So, i know many opinions have been posted here, but i want my voice to join some parts of this choir-

For Elric - Bettany is great - He's in dogville, right? its amazing...
    Vincent Cassel does resembles the elric i had in my mind, at least in the pic posted some posts ago...

But, my favorite would be Johnny Depp, i know lots of you wont agree, but he is -in my humble opinion- one of the most talented actors these days... Sleepy Hollow, From Hell, Donnie Brasco - I think that every movie he was on is great (even POTC, although Mr. Bloom almost ruins it)

And, being a musician i have two questions for mr. Moorcock (a.k.a. God)

I have written several songs about the albino (Dragon Prince, Stormbringer, Melnibone) - and i have even played some of them and the audience went crazy, even though they had no clue about what the lyrics were about (symphonic heavy metal fans in brazil have no idea of what elric is... it is a shame, but it is true) - am i in trouble for this????? can i keep doing it???

and most important- how is the Soundtrack going to be treated????? This movie will be huge, magnificent... the soundtrack has to go along... i guess... Any names yet???

Leave a comment:

• Krimson
    replied
    Re: Cast to consider

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
    Originally posted by Roland
    Adrian Brody (uhhh...)--Moonglum or Corum
    I recently saw Brody in a comedy called Dummy, and I agree that he would make quite a cheery Companion. The film also stars Milla Jovovich, and I was just thinking that she might make quite a good "androgynous" Arioch. No? Just me then.
    Milla, IMO would make a very good Rose. Not only that, but her musical ability and style might be quite suitable for the Elric movies. Of course, this is providing Revenge of the Rose is made before she hits her mid 40s. Though the idea of having a woman in the role of Arioch is an interesting one, though I don't know if Milla would be the right actress. I don't think she wouldn't be a bad choice. Nice train of thought there.

Leave a comment:

• DukexArioch
    replied
    There can't be any comic relief in this film! Moonglum is a bit humerous but in a dry way. He better not be fat either!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I suspect it was ruined long before that...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X