Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Movie

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeeCrowSeer
    replied
    Yay Paul Williams!!

Perhaps better known to Brits of my generation as the composer/singer of many of the songs featured in Bugsy Malone! (I often wonder how much better The Sopranos would be if they replaced all of the actors with kids in pedal cars). Classic film, classic songs.

Personally I also loved his work on Phantom of the Paradise, a film in which he played a demonic record producer who lures a young song-writer into signing away his soul in a Faustian pact. If I were casting someone to play the voice of Stormbringer, he would be my first choice... sinister and sweet at the same time. He's the man if you want to send shivers through your audience... and he'd probably knock out a decent theme song for you at the same time.

D...

"We coulda been anything that we wanted to be, with all the talent we had..."

Leave a comment:

• Jerico
    replied
    Yes. I do remember him!
    Someone told me he is doing the voice of
    Stormbringer!
    Secret inside infromation or
    tabloid worthy rubbish?
    You decide!

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Oh, yes, all 4 ft. 9 inches of him. Writer of the classic "The Rainbow Connection" and star of "Smokey and the Bandit", Parts I, II, AND III!

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    Paul Williams is one of the most prolific songwriters of our time. He could very well be responsible for more hits than the likes of Barry Manilow.

The guy wrote "Just an Old Fashined Love Song" and "Evergreen" (the theme to "A Star is Born.")

He has acting credentials, too. Ever seen the movie "Phantom of the Paradise"? He's the squat, blond fellow with the shades.

(If image is broken, go here: http://www.acidlogic.com/graphics/im_paulwilliams.gif)

Does any of this ring a bell, Jerico? If not, you may be too young. I know Bill knows who Paul Williams is, don't ya Bill?

Leave a comment:

• Jerico
    replied
    Is anyone here familiar with Paul Williams?

Leave a comment:

• Jerico
    replied
    I heard a rumor
    that a bloke named Paul Williams
    will be doing the voice of Stormbringer?

True? Or did this spring from someone's
    delusions of grandeur or someone's false memory?

Leave a comment:

• Miqque
    replied
    Only one solution.

Cattle Call!

Between myself and Miqque Moorcock we should have a grand time reviewing hordes of wannabes in the First Annual Multiverse Idol competition.

And for the luvva runeswords, do NOT sit thru Meet Joe Black again. It could damage the sighnapses!

PS- Humbert Humbert my fat hinder! :lol:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think Sewell would make a fantastic Elric.

At least an older Elric, I think the first film should feature a younger, more elfin-looking actor as Elric and any sequels should star Sewell to portray the despair that settles on him in the intervening time.

His face has a gaunt yet strong quality I always attributed to the albino, and he lends such a cool intensity to his performances. In my head, Elric is Sewell, or atleast has his voice.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    "About Christopher Walken - I still think the "I tell you this because as an artist I think you'll understand" scene in Annie Hall is one of the best film scenes ever."

Pulp Fiction, where he was in the trailer, and he was giving the watch to the young boy (the boy was the young version of the Bruce Willis character), recounting the story of how the lad's dad carried the watch with him then gave it to the Walken character to bring to the son...

Really ludicrous material, but Walken made the scene something else.

Leave a comment:

• Danisty
    replied
    So that makes at least three of us that think Sewell should be in this somewhere.
    Make that 5...my husband and I were brainstorming a cast this weekend and both agreed Sewell would make a good Yyrkoon.

Leave a comment:

• krunky
    replied
    I love Sewell! I also refer to him as the actor with the glass eye, because sometimes one of his eyes looks weird. Actually, this slightly unsettling quality with the eye works in his favor as a villain I should think. I find him a very compelling actor.

I dittoed Sewell in my first post on the multiverse:
    [broken link]

So that makes at least three of us that think Sewell should be in this somewhere.

Too bad there is not an easy way to make a list of the many recommendations to date...
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 08:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bluekachina
    replied
    Madam, take care when showing too much leg, for if the lamp post does not get one heart failure may well do the job.
    I have another two cents to put in the pot-

http://us.imdb.com/gallery/ss/018379...ewell,%20Rufus

I can see this fellow as Yyrkoon, solid actor and quite a fine glower he has.
    Concerning Bowie as Arioch, If he is portrayed in a variety of forms, it should present no problem to morph his face into a younger version, especially considering all of the photographic evidence available from his youth.
    This would provide animators with accurate information with which to convincingly return him to his youth.
    No problem other than $$$. 8)

Leave a comment:

• Etive
    replied
    Yay more Rocky horror fans!

I saw the show a few years ago, me and two friends walked across London in full costume which nearly cost a taxi driver his life!

"Lookout, lamp post!"

Not sure about Curry or Bowie as Arioch though. They are however both fantastic actors (my bro is named after Bowie in Labyrinth). Doesn't Arioch appear as a handsome youth? Not that I have any alternative ideas......

A regular Frankie fan.

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    This whole Elric movie thing has me shivering with antici...

Leave a comment:

• KenBoorman
    replied
    What an excellent reworking of an old classic! :lol:
    That would be entertaining

Leave a comment:

Working...
X