Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Movie

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    And the question always arises in my mind -- wouldn't it have just been easier to do Dodi in -- a relatively obscure playboy with a father not much liked by anyone. These conspirators always seem to plan the least efficient route to what they want.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just for the record:
    The "Pont d'Alma" was thus named to commemorate the first Anglo-French victory at Alma in 1854 over the Russians during the Crimean War.
    I am very surprised that someone close to European high nobility (which is customarily very multilingual) actually has to take a dictionary to look up words like "pont" or "alma"... a very convincing procedure as the basis of an investigation.

C.B.
    Count Brass?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    And your question ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Diana, Queen of Heaven
    Shortly after Princess Diana was murdered, an anonymous source called Rayelan Allan and told her that the place where Diana had been murdered was an ancient Temple of the Goddess Diana. Rayelan has been a researcher of esoteric history since the early 1970's. She was also married to Gunther Russbacher, a deep cover CIA/ONI operative who is a member of the Austro-Hungarian royal family. Because of her connections to government insiders and European royalty, as well as her background and research, she was able to quickly verify some of the things she was told.

Her anonymous source told her that Pont de L'Alma was a sacred portal which led directly to the Throne of Heaven. Going to her Latin and French dictionaries, she discovered that "Pont" means "bridge" and "Alma" means "soul". Her source had told her the site was a bridge across the "river of souls".

Pont de L'Alma, the site of the accident which killed Princess Diana, means "Bridge of the Soul."
    "Alma" can also be spelled "almah". The word "almah" was a middle eastern word meaning "temple dancer". The word "Almah" also was the title given to the priestesses of the Temple of Diana. The Goddess Diana preceded Abraham, Jesus and Mohammed. It was the major religion of the Middle Eastern countries as well as Europe.

The source told Rayelan that the priestesses at Pont de L'Alma were able to leave their bodies, cross the bridge of souls and enter heaven. Her source told her that this site was used in the ancient days, in the same way as a modern day hospice is used. The Almahs of the Temple of Diana would leave their own bodies to accompany the soul of the dying person, across the Bridge of Souls into Heaven.

Another source told a colleague of Rayelan's that the site had been the place where the Merovingian Kings of Europe came to fight to the death to settle disputes. They came to Pont de L'Alma, because they knew that the one who was killed there, went directly to the Throne of Heaven, and would oversee and direct what the victor would do on earth. In other words, the one who was killed, became the winner.

Princess Diana was descended from Merovingian Kings. Legend has it that the Merovingian dynasty was descended from the House of David. Merovingians believe they are descended from the union between Jesus and Mary Magdalen. Jesus was descended from the House of David. (Click here for more information on the Bloodline of the Holy Grail)

Shortly after Diana was killed, Rayelan Allan wrote an article called Diana, Queen of Heaven. The article was picked up by numerous newspapers across the United States and Europe. Several authors who have written books about the death of Princess Diana used Rayelan's article as reference. However, no one fully understood the deeper meaning of the article. Therefore, Rayelan decided to expand it into a book.

Her book Diana, Queen of Heaven tells about a secret cabal of powerful men who had sought to control Diana. They had sent one of their own to begin to gently bring her into their fold. This man squired her around New York City, Chicago and Washington, DC. He introduced her to many of the richest and most powerful men in the United States. His desire was to find an American husband for her. The hope of his powerful cabal, was to very quickly place her in the White House as the First Lady.

Through Diana, and her children, both the born and the yet to be born, the secret cabal hoped to control the world.

"He, who controls Diana,
    Controls the world."
    When Diana met Dodi Fayed, and fell in love with him, the secret cabal knew they had lost her. But what was most distressing to them, was the knowledge that they had lost her to the enemy camp. If Diana had lived long enough to learn everything Dodi and his family had to teach her, Diana would have had the courage and the ability to speak to the world and wake them up to what the secret cabal has in store for them. Diana would have learned the secret of the New World Order, and she would have used her fame, beauty and wealth to save the people of the world from a fate worse than death.

The people who murdered her are part of a group of international elite who have been planning a New World Order for over two hundred years. Part of their plan to create a New World Order is to create a New World Religion. Their New World Religion will enslave humanity.

Preparations for this New World Religion have been in progress for years. A book called Operation Blue Beam described how holographic images of the chosen Prophet would be projected into the sky. The New World Order prophet will speak to the faithful and quickly lure them in to the false religion of the New World Order. A plan to project Allah into Iraqi skies is detailed in this Washington Post Article.

When the evil men who wanted to use Diana to control the world, realized they were losing her to the enemy camp, they decided to kill her. The spot they chose was Pont de L'Alma. They chose it because they knew it had been a Temple to the Goddess Diana, the Goddess who was known as the Queen of Heaven. They knew the temple had been used for human sacrifice. The religion they were going to create was based on human sacrifice, not just the ritual murder that was performed in the Temple, but the sacrifice of the person's entire life to the New World Order's New World Religion.

What the New World Order Did not know about Pont de L'Alma, Will be their downfall
    If the site is a portal to the throne of Heaven, as the Merovingian Kings believed it to be, then Diana is sitting at the Throne of Heaven right now. She is descended from Merovingian blood. The battle to the death between Merovingian kings insured that the one who died at Pont de L'Alma, became the one who sat next to God and directed what happened on earth. Did her murderers know that by staging the accident that killed Diana at Pont de L'Alma, they would elevate her to the head of the Merovingian Dynasty?

The Merovingian legend states that Princess Diana, from heaven, now controls and oversees all the Royal Families in Europe who have Merovingian blood flowing through their veins... including Prince Phillip.

British Intelligence tried to enlist the help of the CIA in the murder of Diana. Their document sent to the CIA sites Prince Phillip as wishing to prevent Diana's marriage to Dodi Fayed.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I had thought of Scott. I love The Duellists and Blade Runner. Even Alien, not my usual taste, I liked. But Black Hawk Down, Gladiator and the rest ? Could he have given up bothering about story, plot and all that stuff ? If it was a toss up between him and Mel Gibson, I'd probably go for Gibson, these days. After all, he recently proved how well he can direct fantasy...

Leave a comment:

• geminiron
    replied
    Ridley Scott directing, he knows dark drama.
    Whoever suggested Gary Oldham as Theleb got that right
    Johnny Depp as Yyrkoon
    Leave Brad Pitt in Kalifornia
    I think Jude Law is a great choice for Elric

Leave a comment:

• Theocrat
    replied
    *Very Exiting!* Well i hope you guys work it out, and remember about "kill your darlings". And as for filmmaking, it can stir up quite an argument on the set. No matter what those interviews say on DVD's and what-not. I hope Hollywood treats you and Elric fairly. :)

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Script in progress. Chris W recently visited NZ to look at those CGI studios. I met with Universal exec whom I liked a lot. My only fear at the moment is that the failure of Riddick and Van Helsing (as far as the studio goes) could threaten pushing Elric off the fast track. We want to do something altogether better and more beautiful than those two dogs but of course the studio has no reason to believe, quite reasonably, that just because a film is bad that isn't the reason it didn't do well. So, knowing Hollywood as we do, we have to wonder if movies with heroes with contact lenses (for instance) are this year's anathema... You know
    Hollywood. But I like Chris and Paul and I very much like what they've done so far. We soldier on. I'm paying little attention to the details at the moment as I rush to hit the deadline for the last Elric novel!

Leave a comment:

• Miqque
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    There was talk a few years ago that a studio, trying to get me to sell the rights, said Brad Pitt was interested in playing the role. I think he's done some very good parts, especially of late, but I really wasn't impressed by him in Troy and I thought the scenes with Peter O'Toole showed him to a distinct disadvantage... Talking to the executive in charge of the Elric movie, she agreed that English actors, used to doing Jacobean melodrama, are the best for the roles, in general. Not that Judy Dench saved Riddick, unfortunately.
    Hmmm - what about the young blonde kid that played Harry's nemesis in the Harry Potter movies? (I don't much like Harry Potter, so I can't say as I've paid attention.) Or, better yet, howzabout a casting trip to London? I'll go with ya, so ya don't feel all lonely. (Har AND har.) And as to a director, all I'm thinking is get someone who knows the soul of the multiverse and may well stick through several films. The more time passes when I'm away from the heartbeat of the industry, the less rational response I can make, and the 'suggestions' seem lamer each time. Still seems to me that if one gets script, director and star(s), then a movie gets made. (If financed.) Problems with any of the big three, and a movie may still get made, but then its Catwoman. I see no problem with you and the script, but director and stars seem under the aegis of the producing brothers. What are they up to, currently?

Leave a comment:

• Wizard
    replied
    Re: Casting...

Originally posted by Vorpalex
    Theleb ... Gary Oldman
    It's a GREAT choise!!! He must play this role. He is best Theleb!!!

Leave a comment:

• Trikazul
    replied
    I don't know if this question was discussed before. I'm pretty new to this forum and I don't want to read 38 pages.

Who should direct Elric?

I'd prefer David Fincher. He hasn't made a fantasy movie, but I think he'll be able to create a dark and gloomy atmosphere, that will be very important for this movie.

Best regards,
    Trikazul

Leave a comment:

• Diogenes
    replied
    Famed as we are for our national nepotism,and not knowing if he's been mentioned yet,I would like to suggest Cillian Murphy.He was in 28 Days Later and is playing the Scarecrow in Batman Begins.He was also in Girl with a Pearl Earring and a good few Irish films.He looks quite like Elric and all,and sure they can do anything these days with makeup.Also his soft Cork accent could be moulded into something unusual and,well,Melnibonean.Colin Farrel should in no way be considered cos' he's a git.

Leave a comment:

• Wizard
    replied
    Well, I'd like to see Brad as Yyrkoon. After "Fight Club" I see him too negative. Maybe I'm not right, but he doesn't looks like Elric, he looks like little monkey... :) His is too... :? mmm... cheerful...

It' just my opinion :)

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    There was talk a few years ago that a studio, trying to get me to sell the rights, said Brad Pitt was interested in playing the role. I think he's done some very good parts, especially of late, but I really wasn't impressed by him in Troy and I thought the scenes with Peter O'Toole showed him to a distinct disadvantage... Talking to the executive in charge of the Elric movie, she agreed that English actors, used to doing Jacobean melodrama, are the best for the roles, in general. Not that Judy Dench saved Riddick, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Casting...

Howdy,

First, I am delighted to learn that Elric may make it to the silver screen.

As for casting, and since I have only considered the prospect this eve after reading this thread, my ideas are not likely to be fresh. However, I believe that if you use named stars in important roles, they either have to be fans of the work OR have previously demonstrated their ability to immerse. On that note, mixing Interview with the Vampire and Troy, Brad Pitt could well do the main character, and approaches the appearance of the Whelan non-pasty Elrics, as long as he would be committed to the production.

That said,
    Elric ... Paul Bettany, as often stated, has the look and the range, Pitt if he is enthusiastic about the role enough to take a pay cut
    Dyvim Tvar ... Craig Parker ... fits my image of Elric's closest friend while Imryrr still stands.
    Cymoril ... I agree with Claire Forlani ... her eyes swing the alien beauty look well to boot.
    Yyrkoon ... Joaquin Phoenix
    Dr. Jest ... Christopher Walken ... just his presense screams torture even if he lacks scrwanny gangliness
    Sadrik (flashbacks?) ... Christopher Lee
    Arioch ... Johnny Depp
    Theleb ... Gary Oldman
    Yishana ... not sure... not many middle-aged actresses come to mind that can pull off good fights.
    Moonglum ... Sean Scott Williams
    Jagren Lern ... Micheal Wincott

Finally... we learn of Dyvim Tvar and Slorm's fate.... What happened to Dyvim Mav? (Tvar's other son, Slorm's brother)

Sincerely,
    Jon

Leave a comment:

Working...
X