Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Movie

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Its great to see so many Elric fans still posting but the thing is any idea as to which we might see production begin? Don't get me wrong it will take a hell of alot of work and time to just set this film up. I figure stage design blue screen setting and CGI design for all the Monsters, dragons and demons Elric will encounter will be one hell of a task. Another hard task will be to set salery and cost for hiring the actors and actresses. So Please by all means take as long as you need to get this movie established Mr. Moorcock because damn you got you and the Weitz brothers have your work cut out for you.

As for me here is some of the names whom I would hire forthe cast

Elric - Paul Bettany or Jude Law
    Moonglum - Seth Green
    Rhackir- Taye Diggs
    Yyrkoon- Rufus Sewell
    Brut of Lashmar- Blond headed bad guy in DragonHeart with the axe
    Myshella or Yishana- Catherine Zeta Jones
    Smiorgan BaldHead- Mike Moorcock (thats right get out those clippers!!)
    Sharilla- Wynona Rider
    Theleb Karanna- Stuart Townsend

I have others in mind but I just can t think of there names right now.

By the way Mike thanks for keeping in touch with us Fan's on your site and keep up the excellent work.

Semper Fi

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Is this Marcel Marceau next to MJM?

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    Still on the topic of Tony Crerar as Elric...

My, oh, my! It's just amazing what you can find on the 'net when you really, really dig! I actually found a picture of Mike with Tony C back in the day. Wow. Check it out...

If image is broken, no worries. I have also added this to the Image Gallery!
    [broken link]

Bring back any memories, Mike? :)
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    Well, right you are, Mike! Thanks for the info. There's not a lot out there about Tony Crerar. What I did happen to find is pretty ironic in light of what you said...

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    On stage, sometimes, it looked as if Whelan's Elric had come alive.
    I think it's ironic because in an interview I just found from Hawkfan #14 (March 1986), the interviewer asks Tony C, "Did you model your Elric on Michael Whelan artwork?" to which Tony replies, "Who is Michael Whelan?" :o

The interview also mentions how you threw copies of your books out into the audience. How very cool of you. I'd take a Moorcock novel over some dumb ol' guitar pick or drumstick any day!

Anyone who wants to read the interview can do so here...

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/_hawkfan/hf1424.jpg

...finishing up here...

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/_hawkfan/hf1427.jpg

Another pic of Tony as Elric:

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    If I'm not mistaken it's Tony C from the Hawkwind stage version of Chronicle of the Black Sword. On stage he looked pretty good, but
    he was no longer a young man when he did the part -- he's a mime artist.
    It's the only time I had my picture taken with Elric. On stage, sometimes, it looked as if Whelan's Elric had come alive.

Leave a comment:

• Wizard
    replied
    Yes, I've just wanna to say that... But why he stands? He must lay... He is so weak, in fact... :)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    could be he becoming a weak freak. like in the beginning of "The Fortress if the Pearl". no sword, no potions. no wonder this doesnآ´t support a fresh dandy look.

Leave a comment:

• Wizard
    replied
    Maybe... But I thought he becomes weak without sword, not freak. Maybe that Elric doesn't has Stormbringer and therefore likes his herbal "potions" much. And he has lost them all... Now he is freak. :x

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    but maybe it is a parched Elric, without Stormbringer...

Leave a comment:

• Wizard
    replied
    It's Dracula!!! It is a freaky caricature on Elric. No way! Wjo would like to see THAT in film?

Leave a comment:

• Miqque
    replied
    Glad things are still moving at Universal - but it does seem to me that there is a bit of resistance. (I'd say foot-dragging, but no. By the way, how is your foot? Any better or status quo?)

Do you think it would help at all to send some letters of encouragement to the Universal honchos? Like, "I heard Universal is making Michael Moorcock's Elric, and I hope he is given a free hand in production?"
    (Or, maybe, ""I'm six-foot-twelve and have this new broadaxe I've been dying to try out on some slimy suits head...." What? Not PC? Shame on me!)

Oh, yeah - I want a scene where somebody tries to wake up a sleeping dragon. Don't care how it's resolved (the comic possibilities are many) but I just think I could really relate to the poor sleeping wyrm.

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    Elric's looks...

Okay, so we've tossed out lots of ideas for who should play Elric, many of which were based as much on looks as acting ability. Which got me to thinking... what kind of makeup job would be required? How does Mike want Elric to look, exactly? It is my sincere hope that he won't look like this:

If image is broken: http://www.digitalgothic.net/Charact...Pix/Elric1.jpg

Elric is an albino, but not a freaking zombie! I have no idea who this is -- and I give him props his costume work -- but I would hate to see Elric portrayed like this in the film.

Leave a comment:

• DeeCrowSeer
    replied
    I heard that she staged her own death to escape library fines on an overdue copy of the last George Michael album... but I could be wrong.

D...

Leave a comment:

• L'Etranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    This one used to be in Westbourne Grove, near the Windmille Cafe, both of which seem to have disappeared with the advent of yuppification.
    How naive!
    Shouldn't we rather suspect a conspiracy oft the CIA plus Coca Cola and the Jordanians? (Won't tell you why I am sure the Hashemites were in this ...)

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    PS My first daughter was almost born in The Alma, a popular name for pubs for the same reason as the bridge was named. This one used to be in Westbourne Grove, near the Windmille Cafe, both of which seem to have disappeared with the advent of yuppification.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X