Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Movie (Thread part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One word for Sands: BOTOX :D !

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
      Looks like it's going to have to be Matt Damon.
      Only if Ben Affleck is Moonglum.

Comment

• Nah, sorry... he's too old now. Must be in his forties, at least! How old's Elric at the beginning. . . early twenties/late teens???? Confused
        Early twenties *shrug*, SFX makeup would be sufficient as he doesn't look that old. I remember someone suggesting David Bowie who looks far more ancient IMO...

So it's still Warlock all the way! He doesn't look expressionless :? , he certainly looks sardonic, smiling in that picture . Maybe you rather have Pitt or Affleck? HELL NO...Wesley Snipes? 8O ...oops just kidding hehe...

Comment

• He could too! Partial facial paralysis would force Sands to work extra at actually being expressive... But jokes aside, as I mentioned before makeup would suffice. Now Bowie would need Botox :? ...

Comment

• Christopher Walken IS Elric!

“Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription … is MORE SOULS!�

Comment

• How about Andrew Stevens?

or any of the fine actors on this page....

http://www.timewarptv.com/Default.aspx?tabid=140

There are mpegs showcasing their remarkable ability
              \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
              Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

• Or how about my pet squirrel Dave (he's got an equity card you know)

[broken link]
                Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• My favorite Julian Sands character was in Naked Lunch. Dunno why, really, cuz it wasn't too thrilling. Anyways....

I'm still rooting for James Marstars as Elric (Spike from Buffy)

~Enon

Comment

• James Marstars looks a little too much like Bettany I'm afraid. The problem is the actors' features have to be similar enough to a Melnibonean's to begin with...Sands is still the best in that department, trust me. I've tried Photoshoping some other actors and they just don't look right. Besides Elric is a weird role, must get an actor with plenty of experience playing equally bizarre characters IMO...prefereably one who isn't overexposed already (90% of 'Hollywood').

Comment

• I'd half like to see Johnny Depp doing it - he's gone a bit more mainstream these days, but he proven himself to be a pretty good character actor.

Bettany would still do a good job, though he's never really had much of a solid role to really prove himself. Didn't think too much of him in Master and Commander - perhaps because the rest of the movie was so dull. Just my opinion.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers stands out a little also (in terms of looks - I don't know if he's capable of carrying a movie by himself.

Guess we'll have to wait and see - perhaps William Hill would run a book on who will get the role ;-)[/list]
                      Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

• Hey all. Can't find a mention anywhere in here of a couple of bands that I think would be perfect for an Elric movie soundtrack, so I'll just toss out Nightwish and In Extremo as suggestions. They both do some excellent instrumentals as well as vocal work; Nightwish are sort of a classical/heavy metal mix, while In Extremo mix medieval music with heavy metal and add in a bagpipe for good measure.

Also, might be hard to persuade her to take the role, but what about Diamanda Galas as the voice of Stormbringer? ^_^

Comment

• *snip*What did I tell you! Nightwish+Elric are a very good combination :D !
                          Now Nightwish would be best for a couple of songs (with lyrics by MM of course!) add a 120 piece orchestra and a choir and you have a great score in the making. For composers I'd go with the likes of Jack Wall, Paul Debney, Joel Goldsmith, Farid Russlan or Frederic Talgorn...there are couple of other good ones too.

By Nightwish:

http://www.batrco.com/Elric.mp3

Safely away from the world
                          In a dream, timeless domain
                          A child, dreamy eyed,
                          Mother's mirror, father's pride

I wish I could come back to you
                          Once again feel the rain
                          Falling inside me
                          Claiming all that I've become

My home is far but the rest it lies so close
                          With my long lost love under a black rose
                          You said I had the eyes of a wolf
                          Search (in)them and find the beauty of a beast

All of my songs can only be composed of the greatest of pains
                          Every single verse can only be born of the greatest of wishes
                          I wish I had one more night to live

Sweet Jeu...NOT Depp. I've HAD it with that guy ...he's good at what he does (i'll give him that much) but he would NOT a good Elric make IMO. What some people fail to realize is that fully half your budget will be wasted on overated, overexposed and overpaid actors. It is far more intelligent to use your monetary resources wisely by casting good actors that look the part and are not as well known, thereby saving the rest of the money for sets, SFX, costuming, language development, music etc. This would make for a vastly superior movie. If it is a great film people will SEE it regardless of WHO'S in it. I for one don't relish the thought of going to the cinema and thinking 'Elric?...no wait it's Orlando with a wig and red contacts'... 8O ...NOOOOOOO! On a side note it would be very cool to bring a linguist over from Conlang to devise a Melnibonean language and alphabet used at some point in the movie, that would add an extra air of realism :) ...

Comment

• :D

Safely away from the world
                            In a dream, timeless domain
                            A child, dreamy eyed,
                            Mother's mirror, father's pride

Again: Mother's mirror

:idea: Perhaps Elric's role should be played by a girl

:D :D :D

Comment

• I have quite a lot of respect for Johnny Depp, because he is known for actually reading the scripts he is given, and not just taking jobs for the money. That's quite rare for a Hollywood actor. Granted he is a little over-exposed these days, but the guy is incredibly talented.

Of course its always good to see relative unknowns taking new roles - some very famous movies wouldn't be what they are today if it hadn't been for (then) unknowns playing key roles (as in the Godfather for instance).
                              Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Working...
                              X