Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

JACK RYDER OUR ELRIC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typhoid_Mary
    replied
    Jack Ryder? The fresh-faced girlyboy that played Jamie Mitchell in Eastenders? Whatever next? Mike Reid as Arioch? Dean Gaffney as Yyrkoon? Shane Ritchie as Moonglum?!?

Gah... I think I'm choking on my own vomit...

Leave a comment:

• Poetgrrl
    replied
    hi Kitsune! i am a fan of e e cummings, but i'm not trying to emulate his method. William Blake did interesting things with punctuation and capitalization, too.

*runs off to practice to get in their league!* ;)

Leave a comment:

• Kitsune
    replied
    I though you were a fan of ee cummings

Leave a comment:

• Poetgrrl
    replied
    Originally posted by McTalbayne
    Why do i feel like that entire post was shouted at us?
    he's not shouting...but i think everyone knows that. ;) I leave everything in lowercase because it's just quicker to get the message out. maybe it's lazy, maybe it's just my style?

(of course using the shift key REALLY wouldn't slow me down all that much, now would it?) 8)

as for the original post, I don't know who Jack Ryder is. i'll just be thankful, happy poetgrrl that the movie gets made at all. (and that Hayden Christensen or Tom Cruise STAYS FAR AWAY from any role.) LOL!

Leave a comment:

• McTalbayne
    replied
    A little Touchy Arent we?

Leave a comment:

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    Sorry, I was just joking around.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Jack Ryder our ELRIC?

It's nice to read all the negative point's of my poor computer skills. Though it would be great for someone to help me get started on the basics.From getting around the computer to where should I start;word perfect,windows or a good starter book.I would appreciate it so much! If not bug the hell off! And just answer the question's;in refrence to "Paul Bettany" and "Jack Ryder".Then one of you "Bill Gates" pretender's;tell me how "Jude Law' can be Elric when he is currently doing four or five movies in three year's time?Then tell me how "Johnny Depp" can commit,since he probrally would not stick around for a trilogy fantasy epic.And while you thinking about that,who are the crazy people recommending "Orlando Bloom and James Masters" for Elric.They have as much acting skill as my lousy computer skills! So what do you think of my ideas for casting? P.S. Sorry for poor my interpetation of the english language.Just starting to learn proper form all over again.As well as having someone teach me Microsoft Word.

Leave a comment:

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    ID JUST,SETTLE FOR.SOME CORRECT PUNCTUATION: AND SPELLING,

:lol:

Leave a comment:

• Kitsune
    replied
    Dude, the caps lock key us just under tab key.

Leave a comment:

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    dunno...

Leave a comment:

• McTalbayne
    replied
    Why do i feel like that entire post was shouted at us?

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic JACK RYDER OUR ELRIC?

JACK RYDER OUR ELRIC?

I WAS JUST TUNING IN TO THE LATEST GOSSIP ON THE ELRIC THE MOVIE.TO FIND THAT MR. MOORCOCK WANTS TO HAVE JACK RYDER TO BE OUR WHITE WOLF.FOR ME: I WAS DISCOURAGED TO FIND THAT JACK RYDER MAY LOOK LIKE OUR ALBINO.BUT MAYBE HE SHOULD HAVE STILTS SINCE HIS PROFILE SAYS HE IS ONLY 5'8! NOT TO INTIMADATING NOW,HELL GIVE HIM STORMBRINGER AND MOURNBLADE TOO! I HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN THE FUTURE TRILOGY.WAS LORD OF THE RINGS A ONE HIT WONDER FROM BOOK TO SCREEN. EVEN TAKE CONAN; AS GOOD AND ENTERTAINING AS IT WAS,IT HAD NO RELATION TO THE BOOKS.I BELIEVE THE CURRENT IDEAS AROUND THE SITE IS SIMPLY FOOLISH. I ALWAYS PERCEIVED THAT ELRIC AND HIS ANCESTORS WERE SLIM BUILD,HAD EXPESSIVE EYES AND WALKED WITH CONFIDENCE. AS WELL AS BEING FAIRLY TALL, AT LEAST 6'0 FEET.THAT IS WHAT I ALWAYS INVISIONED THEM ANYWAY.HOW ABOUT YOU? SOMONE RECOMMENDED "A KNIGHT'S TALE" FOR CASTING OF PAUL BETTANY. EVEN THOUGH THE MOVIE WAS LAME,HIS HEIGHT,SLIM BUILD AND FACE SEEMED RIGHT.BUT HIS FACIAL MANNERISMS GOT ME THE MOST FOR ELRIC.MAYBE I WOULD STAN CORRECTED IN THE FUTURE.BUT THIS IS WHAT CURRENTLY CAME UP WITH. ELRIC CAN BE PAUL BETTANY, HIS COUSIN CAN BE JUDE LAW OR JOHNNY DEPP,LORD ARIOCH CAN BE JACK RYDER AS CHILD FORM,OR TIM ROTH OR CHRISTOPHER WALKEN AS ADULT FORM.AND NO, CATHERIN ZETA JONES CAN NOT BE CYMEROIL.SHE WOULD TOWER OVER ALL THE MALE CASTING.THOUGH SOMEONE EXOTIC LOOKING LIKE LANA LANG FROM SMALLVILLE.ALSO "BOROMIR'S BROTHER FROM THE LOR CAN BE A CONTENDER FOR MOONGLUM. I'M CURIOUS MR. MOORCOCK ON YOUR OPIONON? ALSO YOUR ADVICE ON SOFTWARE FOR FANTASY WRITTING,INTERESTED IN MY OWN STORIES BEING DEVELOPED IN A NOVEL OR SCREENPLAY? GOOD LUCK.
Working...
X