Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

My 2 cents on Elric film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2 cents on Elric film

I like the idea of Paul Bettany, Jude Law or Christian Bale as Elric. (In that order.)
    I love Christopher Walken as an actor, but Arioch was youthful and beautiful much like the Italian ACTRESS that played Satan in Passion of the Christ. God’s most beautiful angel. �hard to look at. ’ Almost androgonus. I would not want Jeremy Irons as Elric. He is an admirable performer as well, but Elric is youthful.
    I am surprised that know one has mentioned Chinese martial arts films on here.
    Jet li is one of my favorite Martial artists/actors. The style and aesthetics of such films as �Hero’ and �Iron Monkey’ are exceptional and would be fantastic. Some of the costumes in such films are great..
    Also such epic films as �Spartucus’and early Viking movies with Kirk Douglas. Middle eastern architecture. …Can’t think of examples. �Aladin? Those tall turrets with the dollop like tops on the buildings? Completely Immyrrian.
    I think a blend of all of these with an out of this world twist would be fantastic. There are lots of different races in The Eternal Champion. Why not in the film?
    I always pictured Erekose as a Dark Elf rather than a Black man.. Jet black skin?
Working...
X