Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

JUDE LAW IS ELRIC for the BIGSCREEN!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUDE LAW IS ELRIC for the BIGSCREEN!!!!

Michael Moorcock can look no further. The perfect actor to play Elric is none other than Jude Law. The actor abosolutley must be European and Law already brings the credentials that those who arent familiar with the Elric tale would be inclined to check out! Hopefully Mr. Moorcock is already considering or contacting Jude at this time. Law has the look and the acting ability to bring the character to the big screen like no other can.

See this before picture and you will no doubt agree:

http://www.jasononline.com/judelaw/jude006.jpg

NOW, this digitally enhanced pic is a bit rough, but imagine what a full blown movie production would do....check out ELRIC below:

http://www.pod9.com/mod/law_elric.jpg

Law for Elric....it can be no other! :D

Yes, Jude Law has to be Elric. In the past, Vincent Cassell was my first choice, but since i have seen AI and Cold Mountain, it's Law. Vincent woud be a great Rackhir.

Comment

I think Mike's still backing Paul Bettany as Elric, though Wimbledon could cause him to lose favor.

I agree, though, that Law would also make a good Elric, as would Jonathan Rhys-Meyers.
      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

This Topic is Misleading. It looks as if its an official Announcement when in fact its not. I have to say, however, that picture of Jude Law is pretty sweet. I wanna see what bettany will look Like Now. Then we can decide whos better suited.

Comment

Chap looks a little like a waiter in his Sunday suit hoping to pick up country girls ...
          Google ergo sum

Comment

My cousin wants to be Elric. Why not him?
            I'll find a pic and scan it... brb
            \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
            Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

I wanna be an extra in this movie. If anyone knows how let me know. Hehe.

Comment

I'd so be an extra XD Lol, but yes, Paul Bettany is teh_sex as is Jude Law so I would be pleased with either. I've yet to see Wimbledon and I'm guessing this is a good thing...
                ~Goddess Virage, Your Local Goddess of Destruction

Comment

Ooh! I like the enhanced pic- very nice, but I reckon Law's stubble is too dark in it. Elric would have white stubble... or maybe no stubble? Dunno. Do melniboneans even have facial hair??

Comment

Presumably not, since they're not used to bodily hair. I'm sure the movie studios have ways of removing it all tho... OUCH!
                    Don\'t blame me; I voted for Trixitroxi Ro!

Comment

:lol: I'm envisioning wax strips being rapidly yanked from my face and I'm thinking I'm glad I'm not an actor up for the role of Elric...

Comment

LAW is ELRIC!

Indeed, the studios can take care of that minor enhancement. Aside from the great facial features, Jude Law has the entire appearance of a skinny Elric. Never has an actor been so perfect to play a part since Patrick Stewart was inked to play Prof X. I dont know who will play Yyrkoon or Moonglum yet, but I hope you guys spread talk to LAW as Elric and I truly believe if Mr. Moocock ever brings his story to the bigscreen, that he will make every effort to have Law, read for the roll.

Its important to remember that Law brings the credibility to those who arent familiar to the novels, to want to go see the movies....

As far as being an extra.....well, lets just wait until the deal is inked and we can pass along that info! Cheers!

Comment

Re: LAW is ELRIC!

Originally posted by ElricMovie
                          I dont know who will play Yyrkoon or Moonglum...
                          Carrot-Top as Moonglum!

*PWV deftly dodges rotten tomatoes being thrown at him*

Comment

Re: LAW is ELRIC!

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
                            Originally posted by ElricMovie
                            I dont know who will play Yyrkoon or Moonglum...
                            Carrot-Top as Moonglum!

*PWV deftly dodges rotten tomatoes being thrown at him*
                            Use 1-800-call-ATT for collect callAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH....

**As stormbringer is thrust through his chest.**

Comment

Law as Elric......only Chaos stands in the way.

As an aside, I believe an Elric Trilogy with Jude Law would honeslty make LOTR looks like a second rate epic from a big screen perspective. I need your help convincing Michael of this and that his vision could be portrayed in the correct light. Maybe once he gets back from his vacationing on the seas, he will look again at this forum, as he does.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X