Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Bettany as Elric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bettany as Elric

I am an artist who would like to do a rendition of Paul Bettany as Elric. Upon doing, so how would I submit the image to this website? I do not have any web space of my own. I did not find any submission guidelines for this sites fan gallery.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Posting Images in the MWM Image Gallery - Reader Submissions

Greetings, PoisonArrow!

You can post your Moorcock-related artwork in [broken link]the Reader Submissions section of the Image Gallery. No server space is required on your end; multiverse.org will host the image.

Note that you need only upload your largest version (within reason, say 200-300kb); the system will create the thumbnail for you. Also be sure to give the image a caption, otherwise that slot will be filled in with the filename.

You can access the Image Gallery through the link in the left nav listed under "MWM Content".

[broken link]CLICK HERE to go directly to the Reader Submissions section.

Looking forward to your contribution! 8)
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:37 PM.
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Found the gallery...but..?

I have found the gallery, which gave me the idea to submit. Forgive me for perhaps seeming dense, but I can't find an actual avenue for submission. I found the reader's submission section for "writing". Am I to assume this is also the avenue for artwork submissions? If so, how do I insert an image into the area assigned for text? Forgive my computer ignorance, I am a classical oil painter and hence devoid of some rather rudimentary skills when dealing with issues like this.

If there is perhaps another area for reader "artwork" submissions that I am still missing, perhaps within the gallery, please direct me to them. Thank you for your help and patience in this matter.

Comment

..or...

Or, am I to send my submission to one of the Chaos Engineers credited for "harvesting" images for the gallery. I notice that your credit is one of "coordinater with harvesters" for the gallery. Does this mean I would send my image directly to you? If so, I am unable to find a "contact" link to you exactly. The only contact I found was to Berry Sizemore through the feedback page.

Comment

"As long as you are logged in, you should be able to add images to the Gallery yourself. When you're in an album, look for the drop-down menu in the top right of the page:'

Ahaaahaaaa... Ok, I got it, now I just have to wait for email so I can confirm my user account so I can actually log in. Then I should see this magical "drop down menu". I knew if I dug deep enough the answer would reveal itself. Exccccellent....(Mr. Burns voice)

Comment

<Homervoice>Doh!</Homervoice>

Sorry about that, yes, I forgot to mention you need to be a registered member and logged in to post images to the Gallery. :roll:

Kudos to you, though, on your mad researching skillz.

Comment

crap load

Paul Bettany would make a great Elric. He's got the intense yet humorous attitude necessary. Although I'm anti-capitalist I hope the movie makes a crap load of money.

Comment

Comments on the actual choice by Mr. Moorcock

Often times, choices of who should be cast as this or that established character leave the audience and fan base disapointed. I have to credit Mr. Moorcock in this instance with a very insightful choice. After reading of it I went and researched Bettany a bit further and recalled some scenes I have seen him in. In my mind, one in particular points to why he is a perfect choice. The scene in Master and Commander where he is arguing with Russel Crowe about not being able to return to the island for his naturalist research. The way in which the scene plays out with Bettany turning it into a debate about Crowe's motives is superb. His ability to merge righteous anger and pain of disbelief is perfect for a Elric performer.

I have always felt Elric to be man at the mercy of the circumstances around him. Try as he may he is always pushed and pulled in directions not of his choosing. The character Bettany plays in Master and Commander is very much the same. Also, I envision Elric as someone plagued by his own physical infirmity. Bettany has such a wonderful ability to portray a man who has harbored inner resentment and turmoil because of his weak physical stature. But given the right moment, he will unleash all his fury like a cornered animal. Perhaps to overcome, but more often than not, to be kicked back in line. The addition of a outside force lending weight to the convictions of a such a normally outmatched man makes for a very interesting transformation. I speak of stormbringer of course.

A man unused to such ability to make his way in life as he sees fit suddenly gifted with real power, in the hands of Bettany should make for a great film. A weak man transformed by power, at moments in his control and in others his master should be something Bettany pulls off wonderfully. I can't wait to see him pushed and pulled emotionally through the story of a man doomed ultimately to fail.

Comment

It looks to be a righteous stinker
                  It does indeed Mike. And here's my friend thinking it will do the same for Wimbledon house prices as 'Notting Hill' did for Notting Hill..er.. house prices. She's trying to sell her flat, to no avail!

Harumph. It looks like none of it was actually filmed in Wimbledon. I grew up there. I'm a proud Womble

Back to Bettany - a good, brave actor - who else could make their character debut in the nuddy! (A Knight's Tale) And as I posted in another thread, he has the right voice in my humble opinion.

MD

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                    I agree. Let's hope WIMBLEDON doesn't sink him, though. It looks to be a righteous stinker.
                    I cant help but agree with that.

Comment

The way Hollywood works, of course, is that you can be the best actor in the world and if you're associated with a 'failure' you're in trouble. It's happened to some of the biggest stars. A shame, since I agree Bettany is clearly a very good actor and perfect for Elric.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

I wonder if Bettany himself knows you favor him for the role, Mike. Were I in his shoes, that would make my decade!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                          The way Hollywood works, of course, is that you can be the best actor in the world and if you're associated with a 'failure' you're in trouble. It's happened to some of the biggest stars. A shame, since I agree Bettany is clearly a very good actor and perfect for Elric.
                          I mean look what Scooby-Doo the Movie did to Freddy Prinze Junior. He hasnt been able to get a job since. :lol:

Comment

Working...
                          X