Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Nightmare Casting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare Casting

I was wondering if Mr. Moorcock or any of the fans had worries about bad casting for the Elric Movie.... By bad casting I don't mean things like Gary Coleman as Elric, I mean people who could plausably be cast for the role, but would be terrible. I don't have any ideas myself, but I thought it might start and amusing discussion if nothing else.

Orlando Bloom as Elric... without a doubt. But thankfully Mr Moorcock seems to be in agreement there!

Now I await the pulverising from teeny bopper girls around the world :lol:

Continuing on from the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' theme - any female character who could be played by Kiera Knightly - the thought of her in the new Elric movie makes me shudder with dread.

I dunno, running out of steam here. . . anyone too obviously ginger to play Moonglum - Chris Evans for example? Well, Billie Piper (his wifelet)has been cast in Doctor Who, which I quite like the idea of. She seems like a typical Doctor's companion. Now, I will possibly be pulverised by Doctor Who fans too!

Comment

From previous posts, I believe that Jude Law and Paul Bethany were mentioned. I can see either of those two to be cast....more so Bethany.

Comment

I saw a trailer for Wimbledon this morning, and I have to say Bethany doesn't look entirely human to me... I mean obviously he *is* human, but there is an alien quality to his features... makes him seem a peculiar choice for a romantic comedy... but I think he'd fit right in as a hell-sword swingin' albino. I still haven't seen an actual film with him in it, but even in the trailer he seemed to have more "personality" than Bloom.

D...
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Blimey, that was him in that trailer? Well, I'm with Dee on the features comment. Slant his eyes slightly and elongate his features with a tiny bit of CG, and he'd be perfect!
          Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

I agree about Bloom. Id hate to see Elric on the Cover of Teen Beat Magazine. Jude Law has proved himself in my book, and i think he could pull it off. I also feel Bethany would be an excellent choice. As for Moonglum, i think that Martin Short would be the best choice..... JUST KIDDING, put your soul sucking swords away!

Comment

Definitely Bethany - I was staring at a picture of him in Emprire magazine yesterday. . . He is ideal! Right physique as well, tall and wiry.

I must steal back my DVD of 'A Knight's Tale' from my Mum so I can see it again!

Right accent as well, I'm thinking, very well spoken.

Comment

Marilyn Manson or Marshall Mathers (Eminem) as Elric even tho' they both have the same initials as Mike. Weird coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by flutegirlrockz
                  Marilyn Manson or Marshall Mathers (Eminem) as Elric even tho' they both have the same initials as Mike. Weird coincidence.
                  The day Eminem Plays Elric is the Day i eat a heaping spoonful of Horse Crap.

Comment

I just imagined Elric bouncing around in his new black baggy pants, lots of golden jewellery hanging from his neck, crying out: "Yo, Man! Fuck Theleb K'aarna!" and stuff like that.
                    A nightmare, indeed... :roll:

Comment

I saw A Knight's Tale on TV last night, and Bettany/Bethany is definitely the man for the job. Tortured, sardonic and poetic. Seems to fit the bill perfectly. Sadly I couldn't be bothered to watch the entire film, because I couldn't really care less about the main character... or his floppy blond hair. Also, every time I see Laura Fraser on screen it makes me sad that she isn't playing Death in a Sandman adaptation (she was in Neverwhere of course, and ever since then I've had these dreams...)

Meanwhile, having seen Robbie Williams in a pilot's uniform for his latest video, I would like to nominate him for a nightmare-Bastable. He'd also insist on recording a theme song, which would be wrong for oh-so-many reasons... and he might try to get Kylie Minogue cast as Una, which really wouldn't do.

D...
                      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Welcome To Your Nightmare :twisted: Michael Richards (Kramer) as Elric.~~~ Jason Alexander (George) as Moonglum.~~~ Jerry Seinfeld (Jerry) as Rackhir. :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy
                          Welcome To Your Nightmare :twisted: Michael Richards (Kramer) as Elric.~~~ Jason Alexander (George) as Moonglum.~~~ Jerry Seinfeld (Jerry) as Rackhir. :twisted:
                          I think Freddy nailed it. That's perfectly hideous!

Comment

By the blood and souls of Arioch NOOOooooo!

Eminem is in NO way Elric like. He's too short for one, has none of the features, except maybe being pale... same goes for Mary Manson. I hope this was an attempt to get a rise out of us and not a serious post by some teenage sycophant who thinks someone is sexy because they are rebellious and therefore rich and popular...

-Blackrazor

Comment

Working...
                            X