Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

THE LOOK AND FEEL OF THE ELRIC AND OTHERS MOVIES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE LOOK AND FEEL OF THE ELRIC AND OTHERS MOVIES

I saw Krull recently and i think the elric and games would be great if it looked like krull. Any other MM stuff would look great like that too.

Krull,had a good aura about it.Considering it came out twenty years ago the special effects in Elric should be noticeable more eye catching.My problem with Krull was that the Glaive was made out to be so important,and was only used a few times.True they were important times,but after its build up I would have liked to see a little more of it.

Comment

True it does seem over emphasised. Youd thing it was gonna carve up the ememies to atoms and they use it like twice 3 4 5 times. I wonder if it was used more in the originall full version of the film. I think the fantasy films are cool and thheres not enough . I like legend, and others and i like the cartoon the Last Unicorn. I know some say* its aCARTOON* OR *ITS FOR KIDS, but it aint. Most cartoons are cool and unpretentious , unlike *adult* films. That said brother bear and the land before time are ugh, not good. I like the book of the last unicorn too.Truely hauntingg, sticks in your mind.If the MM stuff was like the best of fantasy and sci fi it would be good. It would be better if they were truely unique. Which they will be of course. You cant copy from others like romcoms.( Ugh!!!!!!!!!!) and comedies and dramas amd tradgedies, and historicallsn and romance(pass the sick bucket!!!!!) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

Legend was a good movie.

Comment

ahh, it's so nice to hear other people talk about my favourite childhood movies with respect instead of disgust or confusion. Krull, Last Unicorn, Legend, Labrynth...the list goes on.

I agree about the over-emphasis of hte glaive in Krull. I mean in the end, it's not even the glaive, but the fire from the marrige that destroys the Beast.
          "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
          --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

If you want to see a movie that can be entertaining for children and adults.Rent or buy The NeverEnding Story.(1984)

Comment

What about Hawk the Slayer or The Sword and the Sorceror. Or wait for it
              Conan the movie?

Comment

Kull, there’s a flash back movie memory,
                The Never ending story that’s the one with the fuzzy flying dog dragon thing in it!
                I sorta liked that film. But hey I was a kid then :)

Anyone remember "Dark Crystal" that movie was also dark and odd.

I would like to mention though that the Elric movies in my opinion shouldn't
                be all Dark and Dreary, or have an extremely black/dark background to them all though.
                In some places of the film it should be, but in others it should be just as the world is, colorful and vibrant.
                There is a time and a place for things in movies.

As example in Vanhellsing I think it was that they jumped a horse drawn buggy over a 9 foot burning bridge wasn't it?
                I mean come on, that part of the movie was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen.

Just because the story line has a dark plot, does not mean that the film has to be overcast with dark skies all the time.

~SB
                Last edited by SB_Storm; 06-14-2008, 07:03 PM. Reason: Typo edits
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X