Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hello!

Well, after hearing about the possiblities of there being an Elric film I have to start plugging myself as a potential concept artist for the film. That would be a dream come true, so I'll use the medium of this forum to get some imagery going. I'll concentrate on 'Elric of Melnibone' since that was the last re-read for me.

Here are some recent (and somewhat recent) samples of my work (not Elric related):

Look for future Elric-related concept art posts!!!!

Fantastic work, orgo! That last one is my fave of the ones you've posted here. That right hand... I'm seeing some hapless sot being dragged towards the electrified claw by that hook which, I suspect, extends quite a ways from the monster's body in order to snare victims.

As far as the work at your site goes, I am quite impressed by your medical illustrations. Very nice!

Not that my opinion is of any consequence with regard to getting you on the staff of the Elric movie, but there you go. :)

Thanks for posting!
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Well, whether you get the job or not, I'd certainly like to see you produce some Elric art. My favorite of the one's you posted was the second one...you did very well with the shadows!

I'm an artist myself (actually, tattoo artist also), but I've never been able to produce an Elric drawing to my own satisfaction. I'm my own worst critic and my Elric standards are so high for myself that I end up giving up and throwing it away. One of these days I'll get it right...I have to if I plan on getting an Elric tattoo. Being an artist and all, I wouldn't want someone else's portrayal of my favorite character on my body for life.

Comment

Working...
      X