Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Living Tribunal vs the Cosmic Balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Living Tribunal vs the Cosmic Balance

Who;s more powerfull in it's own multiverse, and who'd win if they fought on neutral ground?

Generally, I'd say LT is depicted more powerful on his turf then the Balance is on its.

Also, the Balance seems less of a fighter then LT.

Lastly, the Balance lost to Erekose with the merged Runestaff/Sword, and was powerless against the Lost Gods. LT, by contrast, only jobbed against omnipotent guys, such as The End's Thanos or The Beyonder.

All of which makes me believe LT would cream the Balance at least 8/10.

Comment

For those unfamiliar with The Living Tribunal check out this Wikipedia page.

Could one also consider The In-Betweener in this cosmic punch-up?

The In-Betweener is a cosmic being, an incarnation of balance and duality. In him exist the dualities of life and death, reality and illusion, good and evil, logic and emotion, existence and nothingness, god and man. He is an agent of Lord Chaos and Master Order.

_"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

The In-Betweener? The same IB, who got REALLY humilated by Dr Strange the second time they fought? The same guy who proved unable to beat Galactus even WITH the Infinity Gems?

I doubt it. I like the IB (or liked him before Engleheart ruined the character), but the Cosmic Balance would crush him like a bug.

Remember that Arioch, at least if he's in full command of a universe, at the very least rivaled the power of a World's Funniest 5-D Imp. Xiombarg and Mabelrode are even more powerfull. Yet the Balance treated the Sword Rulers as mere PAWNS.

The Balnce is at the very least above Infinity Gauntled level-- more powerfull then Eternity or allmost any other entity of Marvel, except maybe the Infinites... but the Tribunal still seems to trump the Balance. He can beat it. But not the In-Betweener.

Comment

I have one word on the subject and that word is:!POPNECKER!

"A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

Spiderman would have 'em all. And still loose the girl.

Comment

Working...
            X