Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Finally read Corum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally read Corum

After all these years and even owning copies of them at some point (and trying a few times but never making it past the 1st chapter), I finally read the Corum series. I just finished the last book about 20 minutes ago. Not sure what to say. I was very sad to read how it ended, adn am rather subdued right now. Corum grows on you a lot through the series. You really get to feel for him . . .Then again, I knew there wasnt really any other way for to end but what was the final result. Not what led up to it bit the final outcome.

I thought it was very interesting that he could grasp an understanding of the Eternal Champian and know this was him. There were many other very interesing parts of the series including Gayner being in it. And Emperor Sactric . . . hmm hmm hmmm

i dont know why I was never able to get into the series the times in the past when I started to read it. But after reading it through now, I think its right up there with the Elric series for me.
    Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"

Re: Finally read it

Originally posted by Starscream
    i dont know why I was never able to get into the series the times in the past when I started to read it. But after reading it through now, I think its right up there with the Elric series for me.
    Maybe you just to be in the right frame of mind.

Same thing happened to me the first time I tried to read the 'Pern' books.
    I read one chapter in the first book, didn't like it and put it down for a couple of months, started it again and read about half of it in one night!
    Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

Perhaps it was my frame of mind at the time. I tried several times through the 80s to read it and could never get through chapter one. But I guess being away from it for a few years and having to refresh myself all over again, made me want to know more of the whole sage of the EC and not /just/ Elric. Though, chapter one still gave me a hard time and I dont know why.

I still cant believe how it ended. I read the Sword and the Stallion in its entirety this afternoon and was just stunned when I closed the book. I was sad...Im probably going to sound really weird here...the more I read the series the more I really felt for Corum. And then when hed hear the harp from time to time I just felt such dread. I knew it wouldnt end well. At the end I was just.... just…Its been a while since Ive read a book that got me like that.....thats all Im going to say.

I am curious to others thoughts about the series ^_^
      Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"

Comment

Aww come on . . . doesnt anyone want to talk about the Corum series? I might not be new to the EC saga but the Corum series is really new for me. I was wanting to hear other peoples thoughts on it and stuff.

Comment

there's a thread in "books" on corum:

[broken link]

are you talking about the first Corum series (knight of swords etc...) or the second?
          Last edited by Rothgo; 04-08-2010, 02:21 PM.
          \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

Comment

All six books. I kind of wanted to get in a post discussion about it but I guess I missed it when it first came around. I can only hope what I wanted to talk about was in that thread or Im out of luck I suppose..................

Comment

Hey, there's no harm in reawakening an old thread if you've got something to say on the subject :D

It's in the books section and is called "Corum.....please" I think.

maybe I'll see you there.........
              \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

Comment

I think I like the first Corum series better. More original than the second.
                \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
                Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Working...
                X