Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Was it Elrod of Melvinbone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it Elrod of Melvinbone?

What was the comic that had the satire of Elric as Elrod or some name like that, he was from Melvinbone I think, and he talked like Foghorn Leghorn? I hope someone knows what Im talking about here. I used to have some issues of it and it was so funny!
    Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"

Don't fall off the porch Starscream, but a quick google revealed:

-----------------------------------------------------

ELROD OF MELVINBONE:
    Claims to be a wanderer, race, a sorcerer, slayer of his kin, and the last ruler of a dying race, but there is no evidence that any of this is more than a figment of his imagination. Carrying a sword named "Seersucker" (the original SeerSucker was destroyed by Cerebus in Cerebus #4), Elrod is an albino with no pupils.
    He once heard about the "Festival of the Black Sun" and went to their temple to participate, unaware the worshippers there were death worshippers. (Cerebus #7)
    While he hangs out a lot with the Roach, and is often seen as his sidekick, Elrod has some deductive powers which the Roach lacks. Cerebus can seem to do anything he chooses to Elrod, except make him go away. Elrod is convinced that Cerebus is a small man wearing a "bunny suit".
    Elrod is "killed", but remains an animate spirit, able to possess living bodies as "Deadalbino" Elrod returns to his own body shortly after, which returns to life.(Cerebus #22).
    Afterwards, he is revealed as quite a popular figure. The public actually believes his claims about himself even more than he does. Lord Julius has adopted him as his son, which only adds to his popularity.
    It is revealed in Minds that Elrod is an external projections of Cerebus after contact with magic.
    (Cerebus #4, 7, 8, 12, 21-22, 33-35, 37-39, 155, 157, 159-165, 167)

-----------------------------------------------------

I could say more, but I stopped reading Cerebus because I think the author may be an unhinged misogynist that likes to publically states things I personally find offensive. I vote with my dollars and do not support his madness.

Comment

Originally posted by krunky
      I could say more, but I stopped reading Cerebus because I think the author may be an unhinged misogynist that likes to publically states things I personally find offensive. I vote with my dollars and do not support his madness.
      Well, exactly... he also became incredibly dull. It's one thing to be offensive, but quite another to be dull with it. The first few volumes are very good though. My copies of the first few books are all signed with little sketches, having met the author a total of three times at various comic book signings. At the time I was very excited and proud... now, not so much.

D...
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Well I dont know anything about the writer behind Cerebus (and from what you guys said perhaps thats a good thing ^_^). But I did enjoy what Elrod stories I read. And I see the issues listed that hes in, so I know which ones to look for now to recover [what I lost] and complete it.

Thanks for the info!!!! :D
        Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"

Comment

Working...
        X