Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Reprint of Moorcock's Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reprint of Moorcock's Book

Hi

Does anyone know if there are any reprints planed on the side of White Wolf Publishing or other concerning the Eternal Champion Series ? Currently a lot of titles are out of print (Song of the Black Sword, Eternal Champion, Earl Aubec etc. etc.) and I am very much interested in completing my collections.

Yours

I'll just pop in a quick reply until one of the more knowledgable forum members can answer. It's been the lament of quite a few of Mike's fans that so many of his books are now difficult to find. The best of all places to start is Jayde Design. Try this link: [broken link]

John Davey of Jayde Design is probably the leading authority.
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-08-2010, 02:23 PM.

Comment

I certainly won't claim to know more than Grey Mouser, but I may have some extra information.

Mike has said elsewhere on this site that he's let most of his publishing agreements expire; many will be renegotiated after the release of the Elric Movie. White Wolf certainly won't be reprinting any. Apparently they were much better suited for publishing games than books, because they didn't live up to all of their contractual obligations to Mike and Linda (which is why Earl Aubec and Count Brass were never released in paper).

I'll echo the advice to check with John Davey at Jayde Design. He's an authority on Mike's work and a good guy.

Good luck completing the collection.

Comment

I too am having a hard time finding Mike's books to replace the ones I've left in Canada.
        Sadly I don't even have the option of checking used book stores as there are none in English in my city.

Interestingly enough I don't have any problem finding the Japanese editions in any of the chain book stores. And while I can read the Japanese, I prefer reading in English.

I am trying to find Omnis, if possible of the various parts/series to his Eternal Champion series. I've purchased the TOR Elric and Hawkmoon series now am trying to find the others.

Another thing that hurts is the shipping to Japan. Usually it works out to be more than the purchase price of the books.

Will definitely contact Mr. Davey about his collection.

Thanks for reading.
        Have a great weekend.

Sincerely,
        Conrad

Comment

It has been more than 10 years but I needed a copy of one of the Runestaff paperbacks to finish my collection of those and to read it. The book was out of print so I got the publishers phone number in New York and they were able to sell me a warehouse copy. I was quite surprised.
          Check out J. Wade Harrell Fantasy World blog:

http://jwadeharrell.wordpress.com/about/

Comment

If you're talking about the White Wolf omnibuses (given the subject of the OP) then that's very impressive - and extra kudos for the initiative.

Just one thing, bearing in mind that the Count Brass omnibus was never published in paperback,* I take it it's the Hawkmoon omnibus you're referring to?

*Likewise Legends from the End of Time and Earl Aubec and other stories.
            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Working...
            X