Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Which EC Would Kick All the Other ECs' Asses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which EC Would Kick All the Other ECs' Asses?

That's right - the age old geek question. In all out war, who would win between Superduperman and the Bulk? Or as we say in the multiverse...

Which Eternal Champion would kick all the other Eternal Champions' asses?

If you want to make it more interesting you can tell us how or why...

Re: Which EC Would Kick All the Other ECs' Asses?

Originally posted by krunky
    That's right - the age old geek question. In all out war, who would win between Superduperman and the Bulk? Or as we say in the multiverse...

Which Eternal Champion would kick all the other Eternal Champions' asses?

If you want to make it more interesting you can tell us how or why...
    I'm sure the Eternal Champion sometimes manifests as a leg. I think this incarnation would kick the best.

Oren

Comment

Re: Which EC Would Kick All the Other ECs' Asses?

Originally posted by Oren Douek
      I'm sure the Eternal Champion sometimes manifests as a leg. I think this incarnation would kick the best.

Oren
      :lol: :lol: :lol:
      When they had advanced together to meet on common
      ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
      and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
      each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
      mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
      killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

I think you guys might be regressing too far with this one...

Comment

I'd have to say Erekosأ« or any other incarnation that has memory of the others. Why? Easy, if they have the memories of the other incarnations, than they could potential have those champion's skills as well. That's more than formidable. Of course, Elric posses a threat to them all with little more than a nick from Stormbringer...but no, I stick with Erekosأ«.
          "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
          --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Originally posted by EverKing
            I'd have to say Erekosأ« or any other incarnation that has memory of the others. Why? Easy, if they have the memories of the other incarnations, than they could potential have those champion's skills as well. That's more than formidable. Of course, Elric posses a threat to them all with little more than a nick from Stormbringer...but no, I stick with Erekosأ«.
            Ok, now a bit more seriously on my side. If we are counting on the Black Sword, then probably Urlik Skarsol will win, as he has the strongest manifestation of it; the "original" one, as I remember. In addition, he is a very close incarnation to Erekosأ«, and like him remember all the other ones.

So I vote for Urlik Skarsol!

Comment

Originally posted by Oren Douek
              Originally posted by EverKing
              ...If we are counting on the Black Sword, then probably Urlik Skarsol will win, as he has the strongest manifestation of it... In addition, he is a very close incarnation to Erekosأ«, and like him remember all the other ones.
              As much as I want to say Elric would out-and-out smoke the rest of them, I have to concede to EverKing and Oren Douek here. It's kinda like the mongoose and the cobra: what good is Stormbringer's power (bite of the cobra) if the weilder never gets a chance to use it (speed of the mongoose)? Knowing about the other ECs would definitely be an advantage in such a battle, making Erekosأ« the mongoose to Elric's cobra.
              "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
              --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

I just realised that it would be easy to argue in favour of Bastable too...after all, the man has a nasty habit of setting off nuclear devices... :roll:
                "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

I have to say Bastable too. The others would be squaring off, cracking their knuckles and such, when a distant debate on the merits of Communism comes to them on the wind... then BOOOM!!! They're staring at the eye of a mushroom cloud. Nasty.

Ooh, and Bastable had the coolest ride... so there!

D...
                  "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Also, Bastable has good hair 8)
                    Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

Yes! Long have I meditated on this and long have I considered posting a topic to this effect but been unsure how appropriate it would be.

The proper boffin response I have is that circumstances matter: Elric needs time and souls to really juice up, certain champions have powers and artifacts for a time (Sword of the Dawn, Hand of Kwll, Sad Giant's Sheild etc etc etc...) but then have them taken off them...

I think Elric has the most potential for power, getting stronger and stronger the more he kills as opposed to getting tireder. He's got his summon beasties in the meantime though so I'll opt for the albino.

Comment

I'd just like to mention that although Jerry Cornelius is my favorite, he'd probably get the total shit kicked out of him by pretty much any of the other incarnations.

I think it depends a lot on where the confrontation takes place as to who would win. Most of these guys have advantages that are derived from specific planes in the multiverse, such as Elric's sorcery or Jherek Carnelian's power rings. If the battle took place at the End of Time, for example, I think Carnelian might win against most competitors. I guess the easiest way to set it up would be just to assume that each one has access to all the same advantages they would in their own planes. Given that condition, I personally think it might come down to Jherek's rings vs. the Eye of Rhynn and the Hand of Kwll.

Comment

Given the powerful accomplishment of Rhynn and Kwll at the conclusion of the Swords Trilogy, with their assistance Corum may well have the edge.

Comment

It would be like twin brothers fighting.

Who would win?
                            Depends on what day it is.

I suggest ''VOILODION GHAGNASDIAK'' as the referee.
                            and
                            Danny DeVito as V.G. in the movie!

Comment

I think Elric would win though he of course would not be happy with the victory, which is his curse, and why I think he would. Erekose/Urlick is a stronger champion and can have access to a manifestation of the Black Sword, but Elric is Arioch's favorite and for that he is doomed to win.
                              Last edited by Dead-Air; 03-27-2008, 08:12 AM.
                              My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Working...
                              X