Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

"Elric of Melnibone" by Gollancz and then what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Elric of Melnibone" by Gollancz and then what?

Hello everyone!

I am new to Moorcock's Miscellany. The reason I registered here is that I have recently finished reading the "Elric of Melnibone" omnibus (The tale of the eternal champion volume 8, Gollancz fantasy series). It was my first Moorcock book and I found it very entertaining. "Elric of Melnibone" and "The dreaming city" are excellent!

So, I would like to continue with Elric but I don't know which book I should buy. What do you propose?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

There are lists all over this site, but...

There is the second Elric omnibus (Stormbringer) that I think is easy to find in the UK second-hand market. Many people would suggest any of the Corum novels, as they are similar in tone to Elric. Others would suggest Dancers at the End of Time, although in some ways they are as comic as Elric is dark. I like the Von Bek novels quite a bit.

Sorry to be of little help, but I think you will like most of what you find. You may even pick up one of Mike's non-genre novels like King of the City and be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck and let us know what you find!

Comment

Thanks for replying, Doc!

Apparently, the second Elric omnibus is out of print. It's very difficult for me to find it because I live in Greece and I don't have access to the UK second-hand market.

According to the lists in this site, the next story I should read is "The Sleeping Sorceress" (aka "The Vanishing Tower"). Does anyone know in which collection/omnibus/volume I can find it? Is it included in the Millenium Fantasy Masterworks omnibus titled "Stormbringer" (if I'm not mistaken)?

Comment

Working...
      X