Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

To be back in the Multiverse . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be back in the Multiverse . . .

It has been several years since I last read a Michael Moorcock novel. My life has been busy with tedious things that left no room really for letting my mind, my imagination enjoy the lovely work that Mr. Moorcock does. And what spare time I did have somehow became diverted into another hobby very dear to me, but I digress.

. . . About a week ago I was clearing out a bookcase in a back room that had become a catch all for anything . . . on the bottom of a pile on one shelf I found two books that I forgot I had:

Revenge of the Rose
    Tales of the White Wolf

I knew these books had been out for awhile but I had never had a chance to read the hardbound copies there were gifts from a good friend sometime ago.

I picked up Revenge of the Rose and reacquainted my mind with a welcome and missed place. I felt like I had come home . . . I raced through the book and grabbed Tales of the White Wolf (and am almost done with it). :P I only have a chance to read when I get ready for bed so I read then and a little bit when I wake up. But at least Ive found the time at last to get back into this wonderful world.

A few days ago I searched as I do from time to time, for sites on Elric / Moorcock (it might have been out of my daily life but it was never too far away). Every time I had tried in the past though I had always been disappointed. Not this time. This time I found this place. I think its a wonderful thing that Mr. Moorcock has a site/forum for his work and his fans. Its just great!!! I cant say thank you enough Mr Moorcock for this!!

Since Ive been out of the Multiverse loop for so long I guess I'm basically a newbie again. I never read all the books covering the Eternal Champion but this time I'd like to go and read all the books in order. Ive seen several lists on which order to read them. I gather these lists are correct? I did read the Hawkmoon series (dont remember much about it sadly) but only read about half of Corum, Dancers at the end of Time (LOVE that series) . . . Dragon in the Sword and a couple of others. But the series that always captured my heart, my imagination (and by far my favorite) was the Elric of Melnibone series. My reasons might be considered complex, interesting (?) and if anyone is curious, I will make a thread explaining how I discovered this series.

Now most of my books were tragically lost to me so I will need to basically start from scratch again . . .and enough rambling. I hope no one minded my comments and I look forward to hearing any comments in return.

Thanks
    Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"
Working...
X