Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Mr M's Female Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, Una for me, I think, along with Rhalina - shes the only one who could get Corum to stop floating about!
    Amid Chaos, Order arises; but even in Order there is Chaos.

Understands now that Corum did have a happy ending after all!

Comment

I re-read tAofCC&UPinthe20thC and enjoyed it much better the second time around. I agree with the comments that the early EC females are much more archetypes as the hero is very much self centred.

Let us not forget, Terhali - the Emerald Emperoress!
      Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

voting for una persson of course, because she is super hot and a complete badass to rival any of the eternal champion's incarnations.

amelia underwood imo is the most genuinely interesting female i've read in his books so far. all of the women based around the heroes are utterly 1d, half-assed, barely-developed, etc; amelia underwood to my mind is the most developed female in the multiverse.

Comment

Una/Oona/Oone & Catherine/Cymoril . A lot of male authors draft men in skirts as female characters. Not Mike!
          Kevin McCabe
          The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Unagh von Bek (not sure of spelling) the little girl from White Wolf's son is a fantastic character and really makes the book!

Una Person in all her guises - strong female character with strong independance

Mrs. Amelia Underwood an Iron Orchid are great opposing characters in Dancers at the end of time.

I think over the years MM's female characters do get a lot more refined.
            Please Check out my Musical Dedication to work of Michael Moorcock

THE END OF ALL SONGS
            We are looking to collaborate with anybody else interested in making Moorcock themed music - contact me here or on soundcloud.

Comment

so i recently boight all the new editions of elric and reread em all; his early writing is so painful man, especially the women. honestly it isn't until myshella that there is a single compelling or not half-drawn female character.

Comment

Oon, the Dreamthief and her daughter Oona, the White Buffalo.

Comment

I've always had a thing for Una, especially after we fought those interdimensional pirates from the Franco-Belgian Hegemony (oops, I wasn't supposed to tell the humans about that...forget I said that, pards!)
                  Lord Warshaw the Unknown

"Except in dreams, you're never really free." Warren Zevon, Desperados Under the Eaves.

Comment

Una Persson for Queen of the universe(s)

Una just has that certain something, she always seemed so 'grown up' and in control. I'm quite fond of Catherine Cornelius as well, she has to go through some tough times and let me not forget Glorianna and one of Mr M's largest female characters, Mother London herself.

Artists, fortunately, rarely gain political power, though I have sometimes seen WWII as a squabble between two mediocre painters, extended to terrifying proportions.

Michael Moorcock - from the Introduction to Before Armageddon

Comment

Can I say a word for Miss Brunner? I feel sympathy for her; she is MM's most thwarted idealist.

Then:

Sweet Orb Mace (counts as a female?)

Countess Una of Scaith

and, as others have said,

Amelia Underwood.
                      "Never get so attached to a poem
                      you forget truth that lacks lyricism"
                      Joanna Newsom

Comment

Una Persson, no question.

Comment

Working...