Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

White Wolf Omnibuses in paperback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Wolf Omnibuses in paperback

I have a question regarding the trade paperback versions of the wonderful White Wolf Omnibuses. What happened with the last few volumes? I've been told they were never printed, is that true? If so, why? Slow sales?

Thanks,
    - Joe

You can Search for previous threads about the White Wolf omnibuses, which may provide the information you're after.

It's correct though that the last 2 or even 3 WW omnibuses didn't go to paperback, possibly simply because Mike's contract with WW ran out before any of the EC books could be reprinted, and so maybe the final books couldn't be published in paperback? Mike says: "They tended to put them into trade editions as soon as the hardback had sold out. And as far as I know our agreement was over before they could do any further editions of the trades."

Or perhaps WW welched on the agreement for some reason? See what the 'Search' throws up.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
      You can Search for previous threads about the White Wolf omnibuses, which may provide the information you're after.

It's correct though that the last 2 or even 3 WW omnibuses didn't go to paperback, possibly simply because Mike's contract with WW ran out before any of the EC books could be reprinted, and so maybe the final books couldn't be published in paperback? Mike says: "They tended to put them into trade editions as soon as the hardback had sold out. And as far as I know our agreement was over before they could do any further editions of the trades."

Or perhaps WW welched on the agreement for some reason? See what the 'Search' throws up.
      Thank you for the info. I did some searching and it seems that is pretty much the case.

It's kind of a drag that the last few aren't available, considering alot of people probably bought the first 13 volumes, ASSUMING they would be able to buy the last two (this obviously applies to me as well!).

Luckily I bought all 15 hardcovers as they came out, and did not have to pay exorbitant prices for them. I was just collecting the paperbacks also, as 'reading copies' or whatever.

- Joe

Comment

Working...
      X