Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Wrecks of Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wrecks of Time

I'm reading a copy of The Wrecks of Time. I got it at my public library in the White Wolf issue. It's a pretty intersting book. The writing style is a little different from what I've read of Moorcock's, mostly Elric. I think that's because it's a science fiction world. Still pretty interesting. Has anyone else read this book?

Indeed. You can see my thoughts on it in this post (part of a larger thread where I'm (slowly) working my through Mike's oeuvre). I've read it twice now - the first time 20+ years ago, the second this year. I think I appreciated it more second time around.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

The Rituals Of Infinity ?
      Four times for me in the last 25 yrs.
      Still got the mental image of The Time Dump.

Comment

Yeah, that's the one. I'm liking it so far. I'm picking up themes of life verses death, especially that bit of banter between Doctor Faustaff and Klosterheim.
        This whole bit about Michael Moorcock having hidden messages in his work is still new to me. I just figured it out a few months ago when reading an essay he wrote about Elric. The one were he explains the meaning behind that one Elric story were Elric goes on the quest to find that book that gives all the secrets of the universe. This is going to have to make me more aware about what he's writting.
        Last edited by The Mythanian; 11-24-2006, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Has anyone who has read the Wrecks of Time noticed that there are fifteen available worlds within the novel, similar to that of Corum's universe. Does this mean anything?

Comment

Working...
          X