Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Masks of Granbretan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juxtiphi
    wander of the multiverse
    • Jun 2009

Masks of Granbretan

I have no idea where the general comments section is so I am placing this here.

As a kid reading the Eternal Champion series I was always fascinated with Granbretan's culture of Mask wearing and wondered how a populace could adopt the wearing of masks. Now, with the pandemic I can see how it could evolve.

A pandemic happens and people are told to wear the paper masks and fabric masks we have all been wearing now. Fashion is the first step. Create new and attractive masks so people can like the mask they are forced to wear. Next, comes policy and people become divided into groups of vaccinated, non vaccinated and immunes. Fashion really starts to change the world of masks as they become more and more elaborate, ornate and personal until people adopt their own groups and masks become like colors and as the society progresses it becomes more and more decadent, broken and deprived as those in power impose their will over a populace that is morally and mentally broken until finally you end up with Granbretan . well maybe not exactly like that but I think you get where I'm comin from.
  • postodave
    Citizen of Tanelorn
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by juxtiphi View Post
    I have no idea where the general comments section is so I am placing this here.

As a kid reading the Eternal Champion series I was always fascinated with Granbretan's culture of Mask wearing and wondered how a populace could adopt the wearing of masks. Now, with the pandemic I can see how it could evolve.

A pandemic happens and people are told to wear the paper masks and fabric masks we have all been wearing now. Fashion is the first step. Create new and attractive masks so people can like the mask they are forced to wear. Next, comes policy and people become divided into groups of vaccinated, non vaccinated and immunes. Fashion really starts to change the world of masks as they become more and more elaborate, ornate and personal until people adopt their own groups and masks become like colors and as the society progresses it becomes more and more decadent, broken and deprived as those in power impose their will over a populace that is morally and mentally broken until finally you end up with Granbretan . well maybe not exactly like that but I think you get where I'm comin from.
    Yes, I thought of that when all this mask wearing started. One can imagine it as a response to a plague or radiation during the tragic millennium.

Comment

Working...
    X