Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

New eternal champion idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• postodave
    replied
    Originally posted by J-Sun View Post
    It was probably too obscure a reference. Sorry friends.

**Into the Medic Web**

☹️my goal wasn’t to stump anyone. Drat.
    Sound of self being kicked. Very good.
    Meanwhile in lighter vein
    Deodorant is applied at the end of time.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied

**Into the Medic Web**

You have mentioned Into the Media Web a couple of times lately. That should have steered me in the right direction. Haha. Don’t apologize. Keep the brain working!

Leave a comment:

• J-Sun
    replied

**Into the Medic Web**

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by postodave View Post

No. I can't get this one. I know I'm going to kick myself.
    I can’t either. And I’m thinking about it way too much.

Leave a comment:

• postodave
    replied

Fortress of the Peart
    (and now I’ve learned a new word; s’mores make me peart)

meanwhile:
    Mike has a collection of his thoughts on doctors and nurses, a massive tome of a book with essays and articles on his thoughts on the health profession.
    No. I can't get this one. I know I'm going to kick myself.

Leave a comment:

• J-Sun
    replied

The S'mores of Death

I had to google for that I'd never heard of S'mores. Here in the UK we used to make twists when I was in the cubs. This was flour and water wrapped round a stick and toasted, with jam in the hole. I can't remember but I suspect they were horrible.

While travelling in the dream realms Elric must enter a building well defended but manned by the very happy.
    Fortress of the Peart
    (and now I’ve learned a new word; s’mores make me peart)

meanwhile:
    Mike has a collection of his thoughts on doctors and nurses, a massive tome of a book with essays and articles on his thoughts on the health profession.

Leave a comment:

• postodave
    replied
    Originally posted by Kymba334 View Post

Yes indeed Postodave....Just imagine something looking a bit like the album cover art to Hall of The Mountain Grill !🙂

Hawkwind-mountaingrill.jpg
    It's postodave - small p. An Alien Beat was J-Sun's guess at my one with Kerouac. Great cover art - great album. Do you know I do not know if I discovered Moorcock through Hawkwind or Hawkwind through Moorcock. A bit of both I think.

Leave a comment:

• Kymba334
    replied
    Could it be An Alien Heap
    Yes indeed postodave....Just imagine something looking a bit like the album cover art to Hall of The Mountain Grill !🙂

Hawkwind-mountaingrill.jpg
    Last edited by Kymba334; 09-19-2020, 04:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• postodave
    replied

The Vengeance of Rope

an Alien Beat

...maybe

i, too, am stumped by *the Lat*.

meanwhile:
    On a post-apocalyptic world, Orlando Sharvis teaches Clovis Marca to make the best campfire treats... but is this a deadly nefarious plan?!?!
    The S'mores of Death

I had to google for that I'd never heard of S'mores. Here in the UK we used to make twists when I was in the cubs. This was flour and water wrapped round a stick and toasted, with jam in the hole. I can't remember but I suspect they were horrible.

While travelling in the dream realms Elric must enter a building well defended but manned by the very happy.

Leave a comment:

• postodave
    replied
    Could it be An Alien Heap

Leave a comment:

• Kymba334
    replied

an Alien Beat

...maybe

Missed it by a whisker J-Sun. You have the right novel but the wrong letter change. Thanks for trying though, considering that my last round was a face plant fail!🙂

Leave a comment:

• J-Sun
    replied
    I was going to say the Daughter of Carthage, but I'm stuck with the one about the Lat. Meanwhile
    After encounters with Mussolini and Hitler Pyat finds himself tied up in London

Meanwhile again

At the very end of history there is a visitor from a planet stronglty influenced by the writings of Jack Kerouac
    The Vengeance of Rope

an Alien Beat

...maybe

meanwhile:
    On a post-apocalyptic world, Orlando Sharvis teaches Clovis Marca to make the best campfire treats... but is this a deadly nefarious plan?!?!

Leave a comment:

• postodave
    replied
    I was going to say the Daughter of Carthage, but I'm stuck with the one about the Lat. Meanwhile
    After encounters with Mussolini and Hitler Pyat finds himself tied up in London

Meanwhile again

At the very end of history there is a visitor from a planet stronglty influenced by the writings of Jack Kerouac

Leave a comment:

• Kymba334
    replied
    Originally posted by EverKing View Post
    Well, I was going for Daughter of Carthage but I guess that works, too, if adding a letter is allowed.

I'll let someone else answer yours.
    Well this feline Jugador's luck is utterly busted. Typical me for overthinking a Pyat related question!🙄
    If any prefer to bypass my now redundant game question please do so and move onto the next round.

Carry on Chaps!
    🙂

Leave a comment:

• EverKing
    replied
    Originally posted by Kymba334 View Post
    The Slaughter of Carthage (?)
    Well, I was going for Daughter of Carthage but I guess that works, too, if adding a letter is allowed.

I'll let someone else answer yours.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X