Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Del Rey Elric volumes on Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Del Rey Elric volumes on Amazon

Am I missing something here, or did someone really screw up the listing?

https://www.amazon.com/Elric-Sorcere...0005XBKS9BQAF3
    wut.png

Attached Files
    "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
    --Thomas a Kempis

Amazon is really price gouging during the pandemic. Clearly Jeff Bezos is trying to make another billion dollars from MM’s readers. 😂

Comment

It's always fun to search for highest prices: they tend to be caused by an automated algorithm that finds another similar item and adds +1 cent or the like. Alas, the other item is priced the same way, looks at your price and adds +1 cent again. And then the first one adds another cent. And on and on it goes until one of them hits a pre-programmed ceiling price.
      Happens on eBay a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
        Amazon is really price gouging during the pandemic. Clearly Jeff Bezos is trying to make another billion dollars from MM’s readers. 😂
        😂 He may be barking up the wrong tree there. We have John Davey if we really want to find something!

Rothgo , it never occurred to me that someone would put such algorithms in place but now that you mention it, it certainly explains some of the inflated prices I have found. In this case, I'm fairly certain it is a typo in the database--a shifted decimal to be exact, as some of the other Del Rey editions are going for $9.70 used. Also, notice the publication date on the listing: "January 1, 1602." If that's the case, I think Una's playing games with us!
        --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Originally posted by EverKing View Post

😂 He may be barking up the wrong tree there. We have John Davey if we really want to find something!
          !
          John Davey is absolutely a better choice than Bezos. Sorry for the low bar if you’re reading John. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post

John Davey is absolutely a better choice than Bezos. Sorry for the low bar if you’re reading John. 😂
            I just recently bought that six volume set from John. And at a fantastic price. He’s amazing.
            "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
            --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

Dear all,

Quote (Doc): "John Davey is absolutely a better choice than Bezos".

Better, perhaps, but markedly poorer!

Best,

John.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDavey View Post
                Dear all,

Quote (Doc): "John Davey is absolutely a better choice than Bezos".

Better, perhaps, but markedly poorer!

Best,

John.
                If it’s any consolation John, my Christmas list this year is just gonna be a link to your website. Those Gollancz editions..., Wow. You’re like a Mephistopheles, offering delightful temptations to spend all our money on.

”I need Into the Media Web, dear. It’s the only one I’m missing”.
                ”I need the six volume last emperor of Melniboné set. There’s some articles in there I don’t have it turns out.”
                ”I need the latest Lives and Times of Jerry Cornelius. It turns out there’s a couple stories I missed....”
                ☹️
                I’ve been told that’ll have to wait at least until I get the yardscaping done. Starting in on the latest Gollancz editions may have to wait until Christmas time. But I want them so bad.

and I want a newer edition of Mother London
                and matching editions of the Pyat books
                and matching editions of the Dancers...

if I had a thousand dollars to spend at Jayde Designs I know for a fact I could do it in fifteen minutes easily. Possibly on artwork alone.

If anyone hasn’t checked the site out, go at once. What are you waiting for.
                "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
                --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDavey View Post
                  ...Better, perhaps, but markedly poorer!...
                  Depends on one's choice of measuring stick!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Sun View Post
                    ... offering delightful temptations to spend all our money on...
                    I've got an old printed catalogue of John's in the Moorcock cupboard. It's an utter delight just to flick through.
                    Granted, that wasn't likely its purpose in life and is so old now as to to be useless in regards to ordering, but still a delight.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Sun View Post
                      Starting in on the latest Gollancz editions may have to wait until Christmas time. But I want them so bad.
                      if I had a thousand dollars to spend at Jayde Designs I know for a fact I could do it in fifteen minutes easily. Possibly on artwork alone.
                      Truth spoken. That Gollancz collection is a Siren Song calling to me. It is a good thing I have control in the form of a spouse whispering her "Honey-Do" in my ear or all our money would be going to books.

--Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Dear all,

Hey, we aim to please!

Who'd o' thought, after all those years o' mailing out printed hard-copy catalogues, and refusing to entertain the notion of on-line selling -- still not my preference! -- that I'd now have a brace o' websites on the go...?

Best,

John.

Comment

Can anyone tell me why those books used to be available in kindle format, but not anymore?

Comment

Working...
                          X